Chapter Thirty Seven: Part 2

"Ready baby?" Chris came back from loading everything in the car, I was still standing with my phone, since my sister had just hung up on me.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Let's go. To the airport." He began goofily dancing. Trying to cheer me up since he noticed that something was bothering me. "Let's go.."

"You're such a dork Chris."

"Your dork." He kissed me. Then took me by the hand as we made our way to one of the cars. Then the Evans family and I took off to LAX. To catch our flight to NY.

We were flying coach, since chris's entire family couldn't all fit in his private plane. But I didn't mind, flying commercial was what I was used to, until Chris came along and flew us everywhere on his jet.

We were almost late to the flight, when we arrived to the airport they were boarding to NY already. So, just visualize that scene from Home Alone where they're running through the airport...

The Evans fam and I did end up making it, just in time. I sat next to Chris, while the rest of the Evans family sat with one another, all over the plane.

It was a 7 hour flight so, I grabbed my blanket that Chris brought for me and drifted off to sleep, I could hear Chris, Scott and David joking about something. Like the children they were.

Chris was trying to get them to quiet down since I was falling asleep on his shoulder. "Guys, Shh, my girl is sleeping."

And I could hear Lisa and Carly talking about baby names. Also Miles, Chris's nephew, began saying "I don't wike it," because his seatbelt was too tight..

And that was the last thing I remembered, before falling asleep.

**2 HOURS LATER**

I fluttered my eyes open when Chris began shuffling around.

The lights had been turned off in the plane and everyone else was sleeping—except Chris. He noticed I was awake, and frowned to himself, sad that he woke me up.

"Shh, go back to sleep, my love." He spoke.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I whispered.

"I'm not tired."

"Yes you are Chris. I know you."

"Mmm, okay Um, my arm fell asleep, but it's okay babe, just go to sleep."

This man really loves me if he let his pins and needles take over rather than just waking me up.

I smiled, softly. Then I reached for another blanket and pulled it over him. I had some leg room so I turned my body, and sat my head on his lap. Gently caressing his thigh.

I fell asleep as he played with my hair.

**5 HOURS LATER**

"Y/n? We're almost landing."

I woke up to Scott lightly shaking me. I nodded, as I rubbed sleep from my eyes. I looked up at chris who had his hat over his face, deep in sleep.

One of his arms wrapped around me to prevent me from falling forwards.

"Chris?" I rubbed his arm. "Wake up handsome."