Chapter Two

Olivia Thorne

Of course on my first day at a new school, I make the mistake of trying to figure out where to go, even though on the day I originally came in I had been given a tour of Thornbrook Academy my new school, which had offered me a scholarship since I was top of my class.

My mom had a more excited reaction then me, having immediately accepted the request for me to attend the prestigious New York Academy from October onward, but all I really cared about was that she didn't have to spend money on me as the tuition was as much as her monthly salary

The reason I don't talk about my dad is because he got a tumour when I was very young, unfortunately the signs showed up to late and he ended up dying leaving his money to my mom in his will. I don't really remember him so all I've really known is my mom who works ten hours a day as a nurse, providing for us both.

Hence why this was the perfect opportunity for me to get a one way scholarship to any university, which was now the reason I stood looking around at the 1900s Academy with modern elements, if anything the building looked like it had gone under a full renovation only a few years ago which it probably did, this school is mostly attended by people with bank balances that look like phone numbers anyway.

I then get tapped on the shoulder and I turn around and am met by a girl with chestnut hair, and ocean blue eyes.

"Hi?" I cautiously say, looking her up and down and realizing that with leggings and a turtleneck on I lacked any form of expensive personalization like many students did to theirs in some way either with special accessories they carried with them, or on themselves, I looked far from, the most expensive accessory I owned was a pair of pear diamond earring and even now they were hidden behind my wavy brunette hair.

"Hi, you're new here aren't you?" she asked.

"Is it really that obvious?" I ask letting out a sigh.

Of course its obvious you don't own anything that makes you look like your an elite.

"Yes, but that's only because everyone knows each other and I've never seen you here before" the girl explain.

"Yeah I'm the new scholarship student, Olivia Thorne" I say.

"Nice to meet you Olivia, I'm Ava Windsor".

"Nice to meet you too, I'll admit I'm a little out of place here, and if possible would you mind giving me a tour of this place".

"Sure I would love..." but then she trails off and I follow her gaze to the four shiny sports cars pulling into the parking lot, a Maserati GranTurismo, Lamborghini Aventador, Porsche Panamera, and a LaFerrari.

And I thought the accessories that people wore were expensive. There was easily six million dollars worth of sports cars sitting in the damn student parking lot.

"Who are they" I ask trying to get her attention.

"The one with blonde hair that's Riley Niles, the guy beside him flirting is Hunter Ambrose, the one with his phone out and not looking at anyone is Nicholas Harrington and that's his sister Mia beside him" Ava says, pointing out each of the handsome boys one by one as they got out of their cars.

"What about the one getting out of the Ferrari?".

My question makes Ava freeze, and the look on her face shows she's nervous.