Chapter Eight

Adrian Winters

We walk out to the parking lot where the rest of the group stood leaning against their cars including Ava.

But my mind is focused on the brunette beside me, and why she chose to protect me from the acid, apparently Riley, Hunter, and Nico all went off on him for injuring Olivia and now that I'm calmer I would have been much more angry, but all I cared about was helping her clean, treat, and wrap the wounds.

The unfortunate piece is that even though I asked why she protected me she thought her getting injured is less of a price then me, which it isn't if anything I deserve it not the kind hearted girl who's smile could brighten an entire room.

I don't understand how she doesn't notice how pretty she is, the girl will bring every stare in a mile radius to her, and when asked how she isn't innocent she went silent and like me is probably hiding her demons it wouldn't surprise me, but she doesn't know me and I know quite a bit about her. But I intend to change that.

"Little Olive, did he do anything to you?" Riley asks running over to us while Ava laughs and covers her mouth, I then hold him back by his head.

"I didn't do anything to her other then treat and wrap the injury shithead" I say letting go of his head.

Hunter goes wide eyed.

"My mother was the head of fifty hospitals around the world, of course I have some medical knowledge" I say walking over to my McLaren, and opening the door, Olivia then moves to the passenger door and looks at it.

"Theres a button in the air intake on the door" I say and get into the car, she then opens her door and gets into the passenger side.

I then turn on the car, and back out of my spot followed by the rest of the group, as we exit the school parking lot as the bell rings.

Olivia then reaches over to my volume controls and turns them up before hitting play on my music.

I then begin to sing along to the song watched by Olivia.

She watches me as if transfixed by the fact that I'm singing, even though I do it every day on my way to school.

"You sing?" she asks, and I just smirk.

"I'm not all a dark passive person, music is a big part of my life, always has been since I was a child" I tell her and she seems to light up.

"What is your favourite instrument?" Olivia asks.

"Piano, yours?" I ask, she's interested in getting to know me, I at least know to talk candidly about myself, well what I can, the boys are the only ones who know about my parents deaths, had it announced but was still kept relatively secret, as it was part of my parents will to do so. As for some of my other secrets that's reserved for me.

"I want to learn how to play the piano" she says, "but its my favourite to listen to".

"Then you would like my house, I have one" I say smiling over at her.

"Where do you live, since you know I live in Brooklyn?".

"A penthouse in Midtown Manhattan that over looks Central Park" I reply which isn't wrong as it is where I am staying for today.

"I always wished I lived in Manhattan" she says with a sigh.

"I never wanted to live anywhere else, the city of dreams suits me".

"One day can I see your penthouse?".

I swivel my head to look at her, no one ever asked that, but I doubt it would hurt to show her at some point.