Chapter Forty Eight

Olivia Thorne

When I open my eyes I see that Adrian isn't in bed.

What time is it?

Looking up at the roman numeral clock on the wall above his bed I see that it shows seven thirty.

Shit, I slept in.

I quickly check if he's in his bathroom before I go in and shower quickly, before rushing out of my room to my own room, where I pull on black jeans and a grey off shoulder crewneck, before I brush my hair and put on light makeup.

As I get downstairs I see Adrian fully dressed in black jeans, and a half zip pullover, with a coffee in his hand, while looking out the window at Manhattan.

"Good morning Adrian".

"Good morning bellissima, I made you coffee, and breakfast" he says pointing to the plate at the left end of the marble coffee table.

"Thank you" I say walking over and seeing the French Toast that he had made for me.

"You're welcome" he says sipping his coffee which smells faintly like vanilla bourbon.

"Bourbon in the morning are you Hunter?" I asked teasingly and he smirked.

That smirk could warm the world if everyone saw it.

"No, it's just infused?" he says taking another sip of the coffee his dark grey eyes observing ever part of me, and making me feel slightly self conscious.

He calls you bellissima that means beautiful remember.

"What's on your mind, Livi?" he asked.

"Nothing" I say sitting down but Adrian knows me too well.

"Don't lie just tell me please" he says softly, loosing the natural authoritative tone in his voice.

"I just feel self conscious when you look at me".

Standing I wonder what he's doing but he walks over to me, and reaches out his hand which I take my curiosity getting the better of me.

Is one fluent motion he has pulled me to my feet and then lifted me so my eyes were level with his.

"Olivia Aubrey Thorne, you are flawless in every way, and there is nothing wrong with you and there never will be, I would choose you over anyone out of the eight billion people in the world you are the only one for me".

I like this side of Adrian he's vulnerable and I don't often see it, but when I do he does it in such a heartfelt way.

"Thank you Adrian".

He smiles at me and carefully sets me down.

"Now eat" he says and I just laugh.

After I had done as he asked I walked into the kitchen to put my plate and cutlery away, before Adrian pulled open a drawer and stared into it.

The key drawer?

He then pulls out a McLaren key, and walks towards the elevator.

"Which one are we taking?" I ask and he looks back at me.

"540C" he says as the door opens with a ding, and we step inside.

"Are all your McLaren's here?".

He smirks.

"No I have a 720S, and 765LT at my house in LA" he says.

This man and his car collection.

When the door opens a minute and a half later, he unlocks the dark grey car, before Adrian pulls open the driver side door, and gets into the McLaren.