Chapter Sixty

Walking across the street I get into my car, and start it before driving away towards One57.

As I drove through Brooklyn at night I took notice of everyone around me, and how quiet and less the 'city that never sleeps' gets calmer at night.

Pulling into midtown I found Adrian's tower, and using it as a large glass beacon, to guide me to his penthouse.

As I get to the garage I use the biometric scanner to get my car into the garage, and park along the line of supercars beside me.

I then get out of the car and walk to the elevator before stepping inside and selecting the top floor.

The elevator then shifts and moves up towards the top floor, as the car passes a certain number of floors I realized that light from the outside, or lack there of was coming in, making me turn to see Manhattan's skyline expanding as I got higher until it slowed and stopped on the highest numbered floor.

I then stepped out of the elevator and saw that Adrian had positioned his dining table in front of the main window, while he sat at his piano for once playing a happier sounding song.

"A positive song, who are you and what have you done with Adrian".

"Olivia Aubrey Thorne, it is still me, I'm also in a good mood, I'm having dinner with you" he says finishing the piece and standing from the bench.

"Well, Adrian Leo Winters, I am honoured to be having dinner with you" I say in a British accent and he laughs, while walking over to the end chair and pulling it out for me.

"Sit".

"So demanding" I muse with a smile.

"Natural habit, let me rephrase that. Olivia, for you" he says smiling up at me.

"Thank you" I say sitting down he then slid me and the chair in before walking to the end of the table and sitting down.

"Bon appetit" Adrian says, raising a glass that I'm going to guess has an unalcoholic wine in it.

"I have one question" I say looking up from my food after a moment.

Adrian sets down his fork and hums a reply.

"How'd you set this up so fast?".

"I multi tasked the shit out of my kitchen, before making food for us both. I just wanted to make a special dinner for us, that's all" he says a small smile crossing his lips.

"Well thank you, I love it".

"You're welcome Livi".

The dinner was quiet for the most part we would cast one other looks when we thought the other wasn't looking, I also felt happy in a selfish way that no one else has seen the sides of Adrian that I have, those are just for me, and always would be.

"I hope that was good enough for dinner, even though it was just noodles" Adrian says when we are both finished.

"Its not all about the food but who you have it with" I reply as we carry our plates into the kitchen.

"You're too smart for me" he muses.

"Why do you say that, you're as smart as me academically, and much more street smart".

"I say that because you are the smartest person I've ever met" Adrian says looking over his shoulder at me.

"Don't tell Nico you said that" I muse with a smile, as I grab two small plates for the cake he made.

"Okay Nico get's shocked every time someone mentions some fact he didn't know" Adrian says as he grabs a knife to cut the cake.

"I can only imagine the shock on his face" I say.