Chapter Twelve

Olivia Thorne

I watch as he walks away, the warmth that radiated from him leaving, just like he is.

He intrigues me he's cold and emotionless on the outside but on the inside he would fight to defend others, he's brave, kind, caring, protective, honest, genuinely shows how he feels, but he hides the moment he gets uncomfortable, and something tells me he doesn't get attached for a reason.

Adrian's words still sit in my head repeating like a broken record, but it shows the broken person underneath, and I'm not whole either but I also show how I feel he holds all of it in.

I also don't even know where he went or is going?

"I had no idea about that, and I've known him for ten-eleven years" Nico says and he looks sympathetic for me.

"Nico it's fine, just he walks away the second he gets uncomfortable why is that?" I ask, "just like why he doesn't give hugs, or express emotions unless with just the group?".

"You'd have to ask him" Ava says.

"I wouldn't do that, Adrian is probably the most emotionally inverted person I've met, he holds everything in, he didn't even cry when his parents were buried and that's not because he didn't care, he did. He isn't like anyone else in the world we all see the spoiled rich boy who drives fucking hypercar's to school. We don't see that he has no one left. That no one good has been by his side on a highly sensitive and intimate level in the past three years. He picked up his own pieces and rebuilt himself, all he needs is someone to show him that it isn't just his four closest friends that will stand by him, he needs something someone more then that" Nico says, and the two other boys nod.

"So someone needs to show him that they mean him well, and won't hurt him".

"Yes that is what he needs Little Olive" Riley says with a sigh.

"But we're pretty sure no one will get through to him, he has the excellant ability of making it impossible to read him, and shutting people out, especially love, he doesn't believe in it sees it as a chemical response to someone nothing more. That's a story that he should tell you, and if you want to understand him ask why he leaves when he gets uncomfortable over expressing deep personal things about himself".

I nod because I can't do anything else, he's such a broken person with a heart of gold that he let's no one see.

You could be the one to get through to him.

Shut up subconscious, I doubt that strongly, its Adrian Leo Winters the boy no one gets to actually know besides you're a scholarship girl he wouldn't open up to you about something that deep.

He did though when he told you his deepest fear.

I sigh and slowly walk back inside before going up to my room, it's on the opposite side of Adrian's upstairs and looks over the front of the home, from here I can also see that he closed the blinds on his window.

He really is that secretive.

I then walk over to my bag, and pick up the bomber he gave me it smells like him a mix of Tom Ford Ombre Leather and spearmint, and I'm not even smelling it it just sits around the jacket.

I then set it on my bed and pull open my duffelbag to pick up the book I got the day before leaving Brooklyn to the Hamptons, and flip it open.

I then put back on what I was wearing before going swimming, and pull the bomber over top of my crop top.

Sitting on my bed I begin to read through it and get to page 109 before I hear the sound of the gate opening and look out the window to see Adrian soaked in rain walk across the driveway, I then glance at my phone and see he has been gone four and a half hours.