Chapter Sixty Eight

I sat outside a few days later with a book in my hands while sun beamed down on me.

"Adrian" I hear someone say and look up too see the boys walk out of my living room.

"Hey" I say putting the book down beside me.

"How's sitting on your patio going?" Riley asks.

"Good, I've been able to sit here and do nothing for the past week, though tonight I leave for LA" I say sipping a glass of the iced tea I made.

"Two months in the Hollywood hills sounds amazing" Hunter says.

"Two weeks you guys come out remember" I say.

"You're right".

"Mind if we use the pool".

"Go for it" I say, "I'll join you all" I say peeling off my shirt.

Kate then walks up the steps from the beach, obviously having just finished swimming in the bay.

"Hunter, what's poking me?" Riley jokes and I glare at them both.

"I have a girlfriend calm down" Hunter defends.

"You both do, also before you and Mia dated, I believe your words were my family had model level genes after seeing a picture of Kate" I say.

"What picture was that?" Kate asks walks down the submerged steps into the pool.

"From Waccabuc last summer" I reply diving into the forty by twenty foot pool.

When I surface I swim over to the edge and lean on it.

"Adrian why is your pool so deep" Kate asks, and I look over to see her head and shoulders above the water.

"Because I'm six inches taller then you and didn't want to be half out of my pool half in".

"You're tall as hell compared to me" Kate says.

"You're mom's height I'm dad's" I defend, "blame them for our genetics".

"Do you have any plans for today besides leaving later on tonight?" Riley asks, likely changing the topic to avoid watching us

"Not really no, why did you have an idea".

"We should have a barbecue, besides it would be a nice way to celebrate the start of summer vacation" Hunter suggests.

"Alright what am I making" I say pulling myself out of the pool, and walking across the patio to the living room, and reaching around the corner to where the outdoor interface was and changed the patio heat to fifty.

"Burgers you don't make those often".

"That's because I get elk and venison shipped from Montana" I say opening my hidden freezer, "Now pick one".

"Boujee billionaire" Riley remarks.

"Yeah I am boujee, now make a fucking decision" I say with a laugh.

"Elk" Kate says.

"Thank you" I say pulling out the meat and unpackaging it before mixing it with diced onions, and seasoning, before I make them into balls and flatten them.

I then slid them onto my grill, and shut the lid.

"Anyone want a drink?" Hunter asks looking around.

"Sure" I say, and so does everyone else.

"Make sure Adrian doesn't break his glass" Kate says with an innocent smirk, before I send her an icy glare in return. She then covers her heart feigning hurt.