Chapter Sixty Seven

Adrian Winters

An hour passed since Olivia was in surgery.

Me and the group all stood outside her room, the frosted glass wall had been automatically changed as it's a virtual blind system.

"I can't believe I couldn't protect her even when that was what I had promised her" I say.

"Adrian it's not your fault, you couldn't have known they were going to take her the night of prom" Nico says.

"Still though, I blame myself for it. If I had just told her...", Kate then cuts me off.

"Adrian, Nico is right you couldn't have known, and I'm not doubting Olivia's abilities but three against one is a big difference, especially in a silk dress".

"Yes, still though" I say with a sigh.

"She'll understand, really I think she will" Ava says.

"Yes, but it's also Olivia, she's as stubborn as me" I point out.

"I'm aware, Adrian, I think we all are, she's also deeply in love with you we can all see it, you two care about each other to the point you two are like the non psychotic Bonnie and Clyde" Hunter says, and I laugh lightly.

"I mean I did shoot someone to protect her" I admit that moment with Demetri flashing through my mind as I got him to drop the gun, and then fall to the ground.

"You are aware not many people would do that, you might have the emotional capacity of a peanut sometimes but when you do show emotion its deep and strong, it's just how you are" Kate says, making everyone laugh.

"What was it Olivia called him the other day?" Riley asks while laughing.

"A raisin said I'd look like one if I didn't smile" I say smirking at the memory.

"So what are you going to do because I know you're not staying here for the summer?" Hunter asks.

"I'm still going to Hollywood I need to get the fuck out of New York" I mutter.

"When are you leaving?" Kate asks.

"In a week, I'm packing tomorrow, I also took the rest of this week off from school me and Nico did our exams early last week" I reply.

"So we won't see you at any point this week" Mia remarks.

"No probably not".

"Well make sure you tell us all by and not just disappear" Riley says.

"You idiots are coming with me correct".

"Yeah in about two weeks, we all go to school because we can't Speedy Gonzalez our way through school work" Hunter says.

"Okay fair point" I say, "I'll send vehicles to come get you all on the day you arrive".

"LAX is going to be asking why there's empty supercars at the airport like in Dubai" Riley muses.

"I'm smart enough to know when to get them there".

"That's because you plan everything to a T" Kate points out with a laugh.

"I like organization, leave me alone about that" I defend.

"That's probably why this whole hospital is spotless they knew you were coming" Riley says.

"He owns the hospital" Nico remarks, looking at our friend.

"That would also make sense" Riley says, and we all laugh.

"I should head home" I say looking out into the darkness.

"We should to" Mia says.

"Yeah we all should, we do look a little creepy huddled outside Olivia's window" Kate says.