Chapter Forty Nine

After school we were walking to the student lot when I noticed a running Land Rover, blacked out, the type of colour scheme Adrian would like, but not the vehicle.

Speaking of Adrian I've spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why he smiled like that, like there was more to it, like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

I'm so lost in thought that when I clear my mind of my curiosity I'm pulling closed the passenger door of the 540C, I buckle my seat right before the car starts and Adrian quickly pulls out of the parking lot followed by everyone.

"What's on your mind?" Adrian asks glancing over at me.

"The way you smiled when we were in the group secret room when I said you only lie to protect people that you care about".

"It was a smile of appreciation, It reminded me of when I lied to the group about my association with the old gang, I wanted them to stay out of it, so they didn't get hurt" he says.

"That's noble" I say.

"Yes I suppose it is in a way".

At least now I know what the smile meant.

When we got to One57 Adrian pulled into his garage and parked before the four other vehicles backed or pulled in on the opposite side.

"This is a twenty car garage" I mutter in realization.

"Yes, it was supposed to be, but I wanted to keep the flashiness to the Hamptons as best I could".

"The P1 at the end of this lineup says other wise".

"Shush don't expose me, also I drive cars that suit the area, the Hamptons are very pretentious hense why all my most expensive cars are there, Manhattan is the sort of centre of NYC glamour so I have my next set of expensive cars, Waccabuc is for occasion drive out trips, Aspen has four Bentley Mulsanne's two in black and two in grey, my Wyoming Ranch is more practical I have a handful of luxury SUV's there. LA is a bit of everything new and older modern supercars of various brands" Adrian says opening his door, "there was a minute of me pointlessly flexing my vehicles"

I laugh, because he isn't wrong but at the same time he doesn't do it often at all, it was more of a rundown then a flex in my opinion but I am biased when it comes to him.

Pushing open my door I climb out of the low car, and shut the door following everyone as we walk to the elevator.

Adrian being Adrian was the first one in the elevator and the one to push the top floor button.

"What are we doing tonight?" he asked.

"Watch movies, we could all play a game" Riley offers.

"Oh God, I don't even want to know" Adrian says.

"Be nice" I whisper.

"I am, I just don't want my house being destroyed by thing one and two" he replies.

Riley and Hunter's heads spun around to look at him but a single glare made them turn back around having said nothing.

A minute later the doors opened and we all stepped off the elevator into Adrian's penthouse.

"Adrian do you want a drink?" Hunter asked as he walked towards the kitchen.

"No, but thank you" Adrian calls back as he walks upstairs.

When he came back downstairs he wore comfy pants and a stereotypical breathable half sleeve shirt.

"Adrian you should come play truth or dare" Riley calls to his friend as everyone sat around the couch or in a chair.