Chapter Five

By the time the elevator doors, open I am calm but, I can still feel my body racing from the adrenaline still in my system, and I'm still reeling about what just happened.

Letting out a sigh, I begin to walk across the marble flooring before I hear the ding of an elevator, and fast paced footsteps.

"Hey" someone calls after me but I ignore it I don't want to talk to anyone.

"Adrian, I'm not as tall as you" the person says, but I then recognize the voice. Olivia.

Stopping I turn to face her, I know my expression is void of emotion because I could see it in my reflection on the glass window of the lobby, but even still in my unapproachable state she walks closer to me.

"I want to say thank you for what you did" she says, a look of genuine appreciation on her face and I can feel the corners of my mouth lift, but being as tall as I am doesn't make it seem like I have.

"It was nothing, that shouldn't happen to anyone" I say.

"It wasn't nothing to me, no one did anything about it before you did".

I wish she was wrong, but she isn't no one tried to step in, no one said a word, and most of all no one even gave looks of sympathy to her when Sebastian was making her uncomfortable and likely trying to get his way with her.

That thought alone makes my jaw clench because people are that messed up, that just because of their fucking bank accounts no one cared, all of my friends would have stepped in had they noticed I know they would. That was also the maddest I've ever gotten in regard to someone around me being in harms way and that's saying something.

"Well you're welcome, I just hope it doesn't happen again" I say taking out my car key.

"So do I" she says and walks towards the door which out of common courtesy I hold open for her surprising her for a second, but she has also started to understand my chosen two faced actions. I'm myself around my friends but outside of them I don't show a single emotion.

"Thank you" she says pulling out her phone, as I walk past her towards my car and around the hood to the driver side, but before I can unlock the door I stop because I can hear her sigh behind me.

"What's the matter?" I ask turning and putting my hands in my jean pockets with my thumbs sticking out.

"I don't fully know how my mom will react to me asking her to come get me after only being here for ten minutes" Olivia says biting her bottom lip out of nervousness, one of the many habits she has that I've picked up on.

"Do you want a ride home?" I ask, and her head shoots up from her phone.

"I would but your car. Not saying it's not nice, its just that it's so...".

"It's a yes or no question" I cut off her rambling.

"Yes?" she says slightly warily.

"Then get in the car" I say gesturing towards my car and open my door getting into the driver side, before reaching over and opening the passenger door, letting her get into the car.

"I don't want to touch anything" she mutters mostly to herself.

"Do you think I would buy a car that wasn't good quality, and would break easily?" I ask with a small smirk across my lips.

"No, I don't think you would be careless with your money, you don't exactly strike me as the type of person to carelessly flaunt your wealth".

"And still your sitting in the passenger seat of a several million dollar car with a dark haired stranger" I muse.