Chapter Fourteen

Adrian Winters

I didn't talk to Olivia for the rest of the trip, mainly because she locked herself in her room all of yesterday, only coming out to get food but she never said a word. That night I then had unlocked her door and went inside and just sat at the end of her bed, and just looked at her.

She is the opposite of you and still you want nothing more to get close to her, you'll break her Winters. I had reminded myself. I was a devil and she was an angel, she was a soft girl, but she also didn't take shit and that's what scared me. I didn't want to fucking hurt her and between the time of breakfast, and her coming back inside, I knew it was her because  I had seen her. I had done something to hurt her.

Why the fuck did you get so close to her. All you seem to do is destroy everything you touch.

I had swallowed my pity and left, wiping the last tears that remained on her face with my hand.

I hurt everyone around me and yet all I wanted to do was care for the one I couldn't, I had done everything, protected her, opened up to her, held her in my arms where I feel like she should be. But of course she couldn't. Angel's don't get close to Devils, and God knows I am one with all the things I've done.

The next morning we all then got into my Brabus, and on the way back Olivia sat in the front and I had thought just for a second that everything was alright that she had forgiven me for whatever I had done, but she never once looked at me.

I dropped everyone off back at their houses Ava in Alpine, Hunter in Manhattan, Nico and Mia in the Hampton's, and Riley in Hamptons Bay. I had purposefully done this because I know that Olivia likes genuine personal apologies that aren't done in front of people because their more genuine.

"I'm sorry, Olivia for whatever I did wrong, for whatever I did to hurt you because I know I'm not perfect, hell I've always known that, so I'm sorry for hurting you because I know I have" I say to her, my voice holds the underlying sadness that I feel about myself.

"You're forgiven, Adrian" she says and I look over at her.

Three words was all I got and I'll take it.

"You don't have to bellissima" I say, I haven't called anyone that ever, its one of the many things that makes Olivia special.

"Can you tell me what that means" she says.

"no, non lo farò, devi farlo tu stesso" I say in fluent Italian, and she just looks at me.

"I might be a scholarship student I'm not Italian I don't understand a word of it".

"Yet you know it's Italian" I say turning down her street.

"You're infuriating sometimes" she says giving me a cute glare.

"And you're cute when you try to be intimidating" I reply and watch as a blush takes over her face.

"I'm pretty sure you shouldn't call me cute Adrian" she says looking at me, and I know she heard me on the phone.

"That was my sixteen year old sister who lives in LA" I reply.

She looks down in embarrassment.

"Oh" she says.

"I don't see her often, her name is Kate, she looks pretty much like a female version of me same raven hair, but she has lighter grey eyes, she's also about your height" I say describing her from the last time I saw her.

"Would I like her?" Olivia asks as I park in front of her home.

"Yes I think you would, now you should go inside your mom probably misses you" I say unlocking the doors, and getting out to take her bag out of the back of my large black vehicle while she walks inside to see her mom.