Chapter Sixty Nine

Olivia Thorne

I'm standing in the back room of my work pulling on my apron, my thoughts filled with Adrian.

I haven't seen him all week, and I know that he leaves tonight to go to LA. Even though two weeks from now I will be dragged across the country by the group, and will likely see him then three weeks without seeing Adrian is a hard pill to swallow. I've spent nearly every day this year with him, and that all tumbled down in the aftermath of my surgery.

I was greeted by Kate, who informed me that everyone went home and that Adrian paid for the whole hospital bill, which she also refused to tell me the amount of.

Then I just didn't see him, and though I wanted to drive out to the Hamptons to see him, my mom didn't really want me to since it was so late by the time I got home from work.

As I finished tying the apron, Sam peeks around the corner making me jump for a second.

"Sorry Olivia, you have something here" she says, and my curiousity must have been apparent on my face because she continues.

"It just got here, as a gift".

Walking around I see a vase with two dozen rose's half red and half white.

Pure love.

I then notice the tall black clad figure waking towards a Ferrari 812, and even from behind I would know who it was.

Adrian.

I pick the whole bouquet of roses up before carrying it into the back room, and taking the card off the mount with large handwriting spelling out Olivia on the front.

Opening the card I see his familiar neat writing.

He hand wrote it.

I then begin to read it in my head and I can only feel my heart clenching tighter at every word.

Bellissima there are no words that I can say to ask you to forgive me for being so distant this past week.

I have a lot on my mind mostly regarding you, I blame myself for you being kidnapped by Demetri, and beaten so badly, I promised you that I would protect you and I had failed to do that. You have every right to be mad at me and I wouldn't blame you if you were. But at least hear me out.

On the night you were kidnapped I experienced a level of emotional pain and sadness I couldn't handle I broke down in the alley where you had been taken. I used everything I knew to find you and could barely sleep because all I wanted was to hold you in my arms. But then after seeing you safe I realized how selfish I was being, I was blinded by holding you back only to realize that I was both your saviour and your bane, I took you away from Demetri but you being close to me only brought him to being able to take you. It's my fault for everything you endured.

So now you know why I'm going to Los Angeles, I need time to think, and forgive myself for all the pain I've put you through, only then will I be able to help right what I have done to hurt you unintentionally.

You are my world you always have been and always will, I would do anything for you, I f you asked it but now, I have to say goodbye for your sake.

I love you Olivia Aubrey Thorne, till the day I die and in the life after that. But i also learned that sometimes loving can hurt and it means you have to let the person you love most go.

I was the cause for your pain and even if you don't blame me I blame myself, and hopefully in two weeks when everyone is in LA I am better.