Chapter Sixty Six

Olivia Thorne

I'm bleeding, and in more pain then I ever thought was possible to feel, yet somehow I'm alive, but why? Why hasn't Demetri just killed me.

When he comes back into the room after some phone call probably to his fellow gang members to prepare to dump me in the river he walks over to me and instead of the woman who was usually cleaning my wounds he does it.

What kind of sadistic trickery is he trying to accomplish.

"I wouldn't want blood distorting your  beautiful face".

"Don't fucking call me beautiful you sadistic prick" I snap back at him.

"So you curse now when did that start".

"When I got to Thornbrook and met Adrian" I admit, and Demetri just nods slowly.

Seriously what the fuck is he hoping to accomplish?

"Has he told you his past, who he was before you met the golden boy?".

"Yes" I reply.

"Well how about you tell me as I clean you up, it's also not a request you will tell me or I'll make you bleed twice as much".

"He told me he was a part of this gang, as the person who would get information out of people" I say.

"Yes that is correct did he tell you how he did it?".

"No, but I saw it once on Ryder".

"No you didn't that was subtle, muscle torture, and how he interrogated people were two very different things, Adrian used various torture methods mostly as threats but he prepped people for them, I don't know if he ever would use them, but I know he knows how to" Demetri says as he finishes on my arms.

I don't say anything because I don't want to get hit and I'm trying to keep myself stable, but blood loss has the side affect of making someone dizzy and lightheaded.

Then in the distance I can hear a speeding car, before it seems to fade.

"Sounds like the rich of New York are out" Demetri muses as he finishes cleaning, more like wiping off my skin, revealing the cuts, and bruises that are already being lightly painted over again by dried up blood.

It's not like it matters I've gone four days like this I can take another beating.

"You know I realize something Demetri, I got to live like one, mansions, sports cars, but that's all you care about isn't it, so I have something you never will people who love me" I say with a small smile that I managed to get close to perfecting in my own way thanks to Adrian.

"Shut up, you loved me once naïve as you were" Demetri sneers.

"That was only for a few months, Adrian has my whole heart".

"Fuck you".

"I think the fuck not" I say before Demetri raises his fist to strike me, and as he swing he stops at the scream, one that fills me with hope and openly makes Demetri shutter.

"He's here, it's the devil!" someone screams before a gunshot is heard.

Not just the devil, my devil.

"Find him" Demetri yells pointing in the direction of the original scream.

"Looks like I'm going to have to be quick" Demetri says when he turns to me, and I feel goosebumps rise on my arms as he grabs me once again and ties my arms and legs to the chair, before he begins to peel off my clothing.

"Looks like I get what I wanted over a year ago" Demetri says as gunshots and screams could be heard behind where we are, until it's silent.

Then all of the light but the one above us bursts into sparks as there out, and I can hear Demetri's breathing get hoarse as he drops my clothing letting it return to how it was.