Chapter Seventeen

Olivia Thorne

The car pulls back into Brooklyn, but I don't notice particularly well as I'm more focused on taking in every intricate detail of the interior of Adrian's car, I'm also trying to process that he has been calling me beautiful for over two weeks and I never bothered to figure out what it meant before being told.

I don't mind though, it filled me with hope of what could be, and I really do hope it will happen.

I look out my window as we go down to be near the river, and he eventually parks out front of The River Cafe.

Adrian like usual disappears only to appear on my side and opens the door.

This man, is so many good things that it blows my mind, how was he considered the devil?

I then step out of the car, having already removed the dress I previously wore and folded it before placing behind my seat.

I could also now not damage or dirty it because of the knee length same colour dress I had underneath the dress.

My mom had thought I might get to hot so she made me put a soft silk dress under it.

Adrian being the gentleman he is held open the door for me, and another couple before joining me in line.

"Welcome, how many for a table?" a waiter asks.

"Two please" Adrian asks, and we are led to a window table, he then pulls out my chair and pushes me in once I've sat.

"Thank you" I say and watch as he removes both his jacket, and vest and hangs them on the back of his chair, before rolling up his sleeves.

"You dress like you're taking over the world".

"My parents business, but I have no need to control everything, just my own life" Adrian says picking up his menu.

"What can I get you two?" the waiter asks.

Adrian then gestures to me.

"Iced tea please" I say.

"Mango lemonade please" Adrian says, before the waiter nods and walks away.

"What are you going to get?" I ask him, as I've never been here and I can see why because everything is over a hundred dollars.

"Wagyu Steak Tartare" he replies.

"I'm looking at the Organic Spring Chicken, is that alright?" I ask looking up at him.

"If you mean does it taste good yes, and if you are worried about the price. Don't. Order whatever you want" he says with a small smile.

"You're too generous" I say which is true, he not only bought me a dress that likely cost more then my entire savings account, but then brings me out to dinner.

"You deserve it" he says as the waiter returned with the drinks.

That was fast as hell.

"Here are your drinks, what would you two like for food?".

"Could I have the Wagyu Steak Tartare, and she will have the Organic Spring Chicken" Adrian says setting both menus on top of each other and handing them to the waiter.

This dominant ass man, he will make one hell of a CEO.

The waiter again nodded and walked away.

"Why did you order for me?" I ask.

He then smiles lightly at me.

"Because if I order it stops you from trying to find something else that isn't as expensive" he says so smoothly I could all but call his words silk.