Chapter Sixty Five

Adrian Winters

I spent all of the weekend at home trying to be absolutely certain of where Demetri could be.

I had also still remained with two places and I wasn't about to just let NYPD blindly raid them both.

Nico, Mia, and Kate all were here, Riley and Ava had to attend a dinner, and Hunter had been running around helping me so I let him off the hook.

"Adrian it's a dead end there's two possibilities we should give the police what we have and let them do their jobs, or you continue being frustrated at yourself, and I know how much this means to figure it out yourself but we all need help sometimes" Kate says, "besides you haven't slept in sixty hours".

"Okay we can do that but their also trying to solve the case for that body found in the Hudson River, that I actually think came from where wherever Demetri took Olivia. Demetri used fear and terror to control people, along with violence" I say.

"You know I forgot you were in a gang until this whole thing with Demetri came up" Nico says.

"That's because I wanted it forgotten" I say biting my lip while looking at the map with sticky notes, sharpie, information and all sorts of other things taped to my window.

"Besides it's not like Demetri's arrogance has given us the answer to how to find him" I say walking over to my table and picking up the glass of bourbon I made myself.

"Adrian you can't get drunk and think rationally" Mia says, and Nico and Kate laugh.

"I don't think he can get drunk" Nico remarks.

"We all can" I say taking a sip and putting the glass down, before turning back to the map.

"Would Demetri have left a clue or trial to how to find him?" Kate asks crossing her arms.

"Not that I can think of the kidnapping wasn't subtle but it was likely rushed, he's been baiting us and the police for months to where he really is so unless we can get actual pin point location he won't be caught" I say pressing my lips together.

"Go have a shower, it'll help you think clearly" Nico says, "I'll do what I can to find the most opportune place for where he could be".

"Thanks Nico" I say walking upstairs to my bedroom, and into the bathroom.

I then get into the shower, and stood with my hands against the grey marble wall with the showerhead attached to it, while cool water ran over my tense shoulders, and my head as I looked down at the floor.

As some point I change the water temperature to hot and washed off the past two days trying to rejuvenate myself but all it really accomplished was making me clean instead of making me feel better.

I eventually get out and dress in black jeans and a long sleeved half zip sweater before doing my hair and walking back downstairs.

I might as well at least look like I'm functional.

"Adrian what were places that have significance between you and Demetri?" Nico asks.

"I've put them on that map" I say leaning on the back of the couch.

"Okay well what about where you met".

"It's on there, I wondered into a gang battle" I admit.

"Okay, well what about where he was captured when you tossed in the hat of being New Yorks most feared gang leader".

"That's the old docks, but I was never there" I was in court on trial" I say.

"Yeah, I had to watch you get put away for two months because of a five million dollar bail, on most of that time, and you appeal to the jury" Kate says.