Episode 04

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 04

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Who I've become by Munn' do enjoy 😉~

Fernando's POV

My meeting with my investors went successfully and well. I refused to take the advice of my friend about partying or doing anything that would make me stay out. Rather, I went home to have some rest for the next day. Twice a week, I get to work and direct the miners on what to do, tomorrow is one of those days I get to do that. Enough rest was all I needed to be energized to do so.

After I freshen up and had my dinner, I was downstairs relaxing on my sofa. With my iPad in hand, I searched through my PDF files to pick one of Les Brown's books I'd downloaded a few days ago to read. The moment I found it another thought popped up and Antonio's words were all I could hear in my head.

"Is not the matter of being a softy dumbass. I just find the story similar to what happened to you. I'm dead serious! You've got to read this book, perhaps after reading you can tell me if I was wrong or right" flashing back to our conversation got me so curious about what the story is about.

My fingers were so fast to type that book for the second time today on Amazon Kindle and in a matter of seconds, it popped on my screen. This time around I didn't log off, rather I stared at the book cover closely.

It was designed with white background and then it had two broken-shaped hearts on the background with the title 'Shattered Hearts' written in red color' with its author name, Micaela Alvarado beneath it. Seeing this book again sent turbulence to my heart like in the afternoon when I'd seen it.

I clicked on the book synopsis and read it. "Rape is the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone be it female or male. Many think it is only females that become a victim of rape but the story of Luciano shows males are also victims. Luciano was raped as a teenager and his past made him hate women. How did the rape happen? Who was behind it? Will he ever let go of his past? Find the answers inside this book".

I stared at the screen of my iPad and never took my eyes off it. Reading the synopsis of this book drives my mind back to that miserable night of my life. My heart jackhammered and my hands trembled.

I steady my grip on my iPad and the flashback came haunting me again. Faint voices and laughter clouded my head and I could feel those filthy hands touching me. I whimpered and shuddered at the thoughts, "No!" I heard myself scream.

In a matter of seconds or minutes which I don't care to know, I heard the door slam shut.

"Sir Fernando are you okay? Is something wrong?" a familiar voice asks and when I gaze up, it was my chauffeur, Mr. Pedro.  He was staring at me in panic and that got me nervous.

No one knows about my past, everyone knows me as a strong-willed man, humble, honest, and noble. They've never seen that vulnerable part of me and I don't wish for them to know or see it forever.

I glance down at the iPad in my hands and I stretched out my hand to him, "Take it!" I ordered and he took it from my hand without hesitation. "Turn it off and hold on to it till when I ask for it".

"Yes boss" he bowed and turn around to leave but he halted. "Sir, are you okay?" he asks and I nodded slightly.

"I'm fine. You can leave" I replied coldly and he obeyed in silence and left for his apartment. Pedro stays in the guest apartment in my mansion, that was why he could easily hear my screams.

When I heard the door shut closed, I groaned aloud and sweep my hair with my hands. I was angry, sad, and confused and I hate myself for always feeling weak when it comes to my past. What is wrong with me? It happened thirteen years ago but it feels like yesterday, every little thing drives my mind to it.