Episode 53

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 53

The playlist for this chapter is 'Rachel Grae - It'll be Okay' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Antonio's POV

Accepting my best-friend proposal was a tough decision for me but I've got no choice but to do it. If I don't do it then there's no way I would have traveled down to Seoul to find out the truth of the whole story.

Another reason I accepted was that I didn't want Fernando to involve another attorney in this case especially when I know my friend Micaela is involved in it. Because if any other attorney comes into the picture, he'll take it up with Micaela.

I have a way of saving her from Fernando's revenge on her and that's only if she tells me the truth.

"Please I'll need you ladies to excuse us, I want to speak to Micaela in private," I said. Micaela was still shocked to see me and hearing the divorce news has gotten her pale.

"We are not leaving her side, whatever you have to say has to be said right in front of us. And if I may ask, is that how mean your best friend is? How could he send you to serve divorce papers to my friend, what right does he have to do that?!" Sabrina scowls at me.

"It's not me you should be raising your voice at, I've done nothing wrong, I'm only following orders" I replied calmly.

"What damn orders? As an attorney, you should tell your client when he is wrong and when he is right. And do you know what? Your client is very wrong to sign those papers without even discussing them with his wife before doing that. What kind of man is he anyways? Why is he so judgmental and wicked? My friend here gave him her whole heart and even her life but yet..."

"You are wrong on that. My best friend was the one who almost died for saving your friend's life here. Should I remind you that Micaela is not just your friend but mine as well? Do you think I'm happy with the whole drama going on with the two of them?" I intruded. I'm beginning to get offended over everything.

Just because I was given a blank cheque by my best friend to handle this case doesn't mean I should be quiet.

"Okay, you two should stop with the yelling, it's not worth it. We can all talk like adults and not yell at each other" Micaela said and I nod at her.

"To be honest I don't like what handsome Fernando did. He might be strikingly gorgeous but that shouldn't mean he should toil with my friend's feelings. Micaela is such a sweet innocent lady, she doesn't deserve this hate coming from her husband. You are his best friend, you should talk to him and help him understand that this is no good way of handling marriage troubles. He can't just divorce his wife with the first challenge that came into his marriage, I mean who does that?" Kim asks and I scratched my head without any response.

These ladies are going to skin me alive. Why did Fernando send me here anyways?

"It's okay girls, I can handle it from here. Please give Antonio and I some privacy to straighten out things, would you?" Micaela intervenes and I heave a sigh of relief.

"We'll be in the guest room waiting, just in case you need us don't hesitate to scream to our hearing, okay?" Sabrina requested and Micaela nodded in response.

Glaring at me "And you Mr. Attorney, be careful with your interrogations. Micaela if he is trespassing call the police on him or I'll call my attorney right away to represent you if you want".

I glared at her with a frown and I twitched my jawline. "Can you stop provoking me already?"

"Calm down Antonio, Sabrina is just being protective of me" Micaela replied calmly and touched my shoulder.

"She's being overprotective, she is acting like she's your boyfriend or father". The three friends snickered at my response and I couldn't help but smile.

"That is to tell you she's got real friends who've got her back. So, watch what you say and do, the same applies to your boss or best friend whatever you call him. C'mon Kim, let's get out of here" Sabrina and Kim left Micaela and me alone, and we took a sit on a double couch.

"Your friends are something. How I wished you'd got them in high-school things would have been different and you would have never been a bully victim".

"You are right about that. If I'd got them then, they would have protected me that night, and maybe I wouldn't have been there that fateful night".

Her reply got me inquisitive and I wanted to know what she was talking about. "What do you mean Micaela? What fateful night are talking about?"

"The night Ferd was raped" she answered quietly and her gaze fell to her thighs while she fiddles with her nails. Could it be true she did rape, Fernando?

"Were you there the night my best friend was raped?"

"Yes Antonio, I was there, I was the rapist and I regretted ever raping him. I swear it wasn't my doing, I was forced to do it, you've got to believe me, Antonio. Please I don't want to go to jail, save me from this mess I got myself into, I beg of you" she broke down into tears and held my hands.

So it's true? She raped my best friend? Awkward silence dwells amongst us. I couldn't believe it.

"I swear it, I didn't rape Ferd for the fun of it, it was all a set up" she wails.

I felt so bad watching her cry in front of me, I don't like to see a lady I care about sad, it breaks my heart. And knowing who Micaela is I said "I believe you, Micaela. I knew you could never rape a guy of your own will without being under duress".

She flinched from me and stared into my eyes with a gape. I guess she's surprised I believed her when her husband couldn't even dare to believe her.

"You believe me?" she asks and I nodded, "but how? What makes you believe me when my husband couldn't even dare to believe me nor listen to my side of the story?"

"That is why I'm here, Micaela. Before I ventured into any case, I make sure I'm not putting innocent soul behind bars, if I do, I'll never get over the guilt. So please, I want to hear everything from you that happened that very night. If you want me to help you, you have to help me too".

She nodded and began narrating from when she met with that bitch Claudia and her crew to how they forced her to have sex with Fernando. It turns out it was all a planned work with that douchebag Raphael. I didn't know when I said, "I was there at the party with Fernando the night he was raped".

"What did you say?" Her eyes bore into mine and I glanced down. I don't understand, did Fernando not tell her the whole story of how he was raped?

"Didn't Fernando tell you he was drugged?"

"Drugged or drunk?" she asks confusedly.

"Drugged, we were drugged by Raphael and his gang!" I half-yelled and bit my bottom lip.

Anytime I remember that bastard I get furious. "I guess is time to tell you our part of the story, just maybe that will help in closing this case". I told her the whole part of the story and she was dumbfounded at the end of it all. "Micaela, it is only you that can save your marriage, you need to find a way to explain to my best friend that what happened wasn't your fault and that you were only a victim".

"But I already tried doing that and he didn't want to listen to me. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Once is not enough to try to fix your marriage, Micaela. You have to try again, you got it?" I ask and she sighs in response. "I'm going to help you don't worry" I added and hugged her.