Episode 57

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 57

The playlist for this chapter is 'Munn - You killed me' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

*Third Person Narrative*

The next morning Fernando's agitation decreased and was replaced with sadness. He got ready and went to a his office with his attorney. Coming to a resolve, he gave his side of the story to his attorney, and the divorce documents were signed thereafter.

Attorney Martinez set up a private appointment with Micaela at a coffee shop which Antonio insisted to be a part of as her attorney. The meeting took place and she signed the divorce papers silently with a heavy heart.

She didn't let another seconds pass by before she rose to her feet and ran out of the coffee shop. Antonio nods at Martinez and rushed after Micaela.

Her mood was unaccountably chilled as she let Antonio drive her to the airport.

Each day passed by with each of them living their lives with haunting memories of the love they've shared.

~~One week later~~

Micaela's POV

My dull black eyes could be seen as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I couldn't catch some sleep last night, it was as if I drank so much coffee that caused my insomnia.

Last night isn't the only night that this has happened, if I'm not mistaken I've been having insomnia for more than a week now. After signing my divorce papers with his new attorney, depression took control of me. I got paralyzed with pain and thinking.

The only thing I found myself doing right was writing, I started writing book 2 of Shattered Hearts. I don't understand how I still got the inspiration to write, maybe is because I was penning down my real-life story.

One of the reasons I couldn't sleep last night is because today is the pre-trial of Ferd's charges against me. Don't call me stupid for still calling him that pet name because I can't restrain myself from saying it out no matter how hard I tried.

Flying down to Madrid for this trial is the worst and scariest experience I could ever imagine happening to me. I thought he'd dropped the charges but he did not, he pushed through with it.

Thank God for Antonio, he insisted to be my attorney for the case and I had to accept his offer after much pressure from him and my girlfriends. He suggested I flew down here to Madrid last night so that we can both keep to the time that was given to us by Ferd's attorney today.

I have to confess, Antonio is a good friend. We might not have been close in high school but after high school, we kept in touch with each other once in a while and now see how useful our friendship turns out to be. Right now, I don't know what to think of the trial in front of me. I'm scared it wouldn't go well and that's freaking me out.

Despite how heartbroken I was, I dropped the mirror I was holding and got up from the bed. I see myself to the bathroom to do the usual.

My mind drifts back to the kisses and our love-making Ferd and I have shared. Just the thought of us it git me giddy and I found myself longing for his touch.

I pressed my lips and closed my eyes "Oh no, Micaela, stop doing this to yourself" I muttered incoherently and let the shower cool me off.

I dressed up as fast as I could before Antonio will come knocking at the door. I just finished putting on my blue chiffon top and a black trouser paired with my black shoes and was about to apply a little touch of make-up when I felt a sudden headache strike right at my forehead.