Episode 07

A/n: Here's our female protagonist, her name is Micaela Alvarado.

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 07

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Alan Walker ft Sabrina - On my way' do enjoy 😉~

Micaela's POV

As I sat in front of the bar counter in a club where my friends took me to celebrate my wins, I couldn't help but marvel at how far I've come. I mean c'mon, is one thing to have a dream, but is another thing to live in the dream and I'm so happy that I am living in mine now.

A few hours ago, I checked my Amazon author profile and I couldn't believe more than 50M people are following me. I screamed when I saw it. My new novel had over 10M ratings and comments in just two weeks! Would you believe that?!!! OMG!

When my friends Sabrina and Kim had told me about it I didn't believe them until I was forced to log into my account to confirm if what they were saying is true and damn, I was dumbstruck when I saw it with my own eyes. How the hell did it happen?

I've been a writer for almost five years now and 'Shattered Heart' isn't the first book that I wrote. I've written over four books mostly fictional but the least ratings I've got from each book was 3M. So, you can imagine how everything changed tremendously?

Writing has been my passion right from high school but I never had the time to complete all the stories I started and I had to dispose of them back then.

My inspiration for writing came back again when I met two writers in the same college that I attended when I got here in Seoul. JB and Lee encouraged me to begin writing again after an English group project we were given to work on. The three of us in the group were told to come up with a drama play storyline based on love and then we were meant to act on it.

After we all brought up different ideas, mine was picked and from there JB and Lee got to know that I was a writer.

I started writing back after the motivation I got from them. It wasn't really easy because I had to run two jobs so I can pay my college fee and also other bills. So it took me time before I could finish writing one book. For example, my first book took me a year to finish and when I rounded up, JB was my editor who helped me publish it on Amazon.

It was still him who suggested the Amazon Kindle site for me to put my book on there. My first book had 1k reads after one 1month. Funny huh? Oh yes, the beginning was tough but look at me now! My book is selling #1 on the same Amazon site.

"Micaela drink up more! We're here to celebrate your success as a famous author!" Sabrina squealed to my ears giggling so hard.

Oh, here we are, my lousy friends are at it again. I sipped the glass of whiskey and I joined them in the laughing competition. The music was way too loud but I like it anyway, we're here to celebrate, right? Right!

"Wow, it was quite unbelievable when I saw millions of people that have read your book! 'Shattered Hearts' has made you famous babe!" Kim yelled dramatically and savored all the content of whiskey she was having and then poured more into each of our glasses.

"Yeah, I still can't believe it as well, I'm still surprised. I've been writing fictional books but it never got this many reads and ratings" I replied smiling sheepishly.

"And you wrote a nonfictional book and it got high reads. Isn't that amazing?" Kim asked giggling and we nodded in agreement.

"Sure, it is. Let's toast to your success" Sabrina said and we brought our glasses together and she continues, "To more books, you will publish and more billions, girl! Cheers!"