Episode 17

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 17

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Traffic Lights - Sara Kays' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Micaela's POV

I woke up feeling so re-energized, I've never felt like this for a very long time. What could be the cause of it? I sat up and then I felt something fall from my head when I glanced downwards to my bed, it was a towel. I wrinkled my eyebrows confusedly and I reached out for the white towel. It was wet when I touched it and it makes me wonder why.

I glance around the room looking for a clue about what had happened but I didn't find anything. I raised the duvet and I found myself in another clothing. I gasp and fear creeps in, this wasn't the cloth I wore yesterday.

What happened to me? How did I even get to my house last night? I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room to go find Ji-hye and ask her what had happened. When I got downstairs, I found her setting the table for breakfast. She gazes up and saw me and a huge smile spreads on her face.

"Good morning ma'am Micaela. How are you feeling today?" she asks walking up to me.

"I'm feeling okay. I saw this towel on my head when I woke up this morning, did you put it there?"

She glances down at the towel in my hands and she shook her head. "It wasn't me, it was Mr. Fernando. Yeah, I pronounced it correctly!" she giggles and I raised a brow at her.

"Fernando?" I inquired and she nods. "Fernando was here?"

"Correction, he is here" She smiled and my eyes widens.

"He is here? Where?!" I whisper-yelled.

"One of the guest rooms. It was late last night when he finished taking care of you, so I asked him to spend the night since he didn't have a car".

"What happened to me? What do you mean he cared for me? I'm not understanding anything!" I rushed out my words begging for a better explanation.

"Mr. Fernando found you. I don't know where he found you, but he found you and brought you home and you were unconscious the whole time. Your clothes were so wet so he asked me to change you up after that, you were running a high fever, so he used the soaked towel to relieve you of it. Where were you yesterday before that gentleman found you unconscious?".

Her explanation got me gasping repeatedly and it also brought back flashbacks of last night's incident.

"Ma'am, ma'am are you okay?" Ji-Hye's voice jars me out of my flashback and I stared at her.

Fernando saved my life yesterday that is why I'm alive today and that is why I feel sort of renewed if I'm to use that word. He was my angel that replenished my soul. But how did he find me there? Who told him I was there?

"Ma'am?" Ji-Hye's voice rang again in my ears and I was forced to get out of my thoughts and respond to her question.

I stared at her and forced a smile and said "I'm fine, I was just trying to recall what happened" and she nodded in understanding. I couldn't find the courage to tell her what exactly I was doing when Fernando found me. "Where did you say Fernando is again?"

"The largest guest rooms. Go ahead and get him here for breakfast while I finish setting up the table for you two" She beckons me with a smile and I nodded and reluctantly turnaround to go find Fernando.

As I walk through the passage, I couldn't help but wonder what I'm going to say to him. How do I even face him after all that happened yesterday? What does he think of me now? Probably, he sees me as a suicidal person now. The thought of that alone wants to make me run back to my room and lock myself in there until he leaves. I think that's the best thing to do now because I can't even face him. I didn't care if I was halfway to his room, I turnaround and walked back to my room.