Episode 58

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 58

The playlist for this chapter is 'Benson Boone - In the stars' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Micaela's POV

Dimmed by the sudden news of me expecting a child, my gaze settles on Antonio who just finished making a call. "Antonio, why would you send him the hospital's address? Why did you even tell him I'm pregnant?!" I seethed.

"What do you mean? You are carrying his child, Micaela, he deserves to know" Antonio replied and I shook my head in objection.

"I don't want him to know I'm carrying his child, it's not going to change anything. Can't you see he doesn't want anything to do with me?"

"You never know maybe the child growing inside of you will change his mind".

"It's not for you to decide. If anyone knows Fernando, it's I his ex-wife. He's a man of his words, he never goes back to changing what he has proclaimed".

"You are wrong, even God takes pity on us no matter how grave our sins could be, how much more a human like you and I. Fernando is not as cruel as you think, he has a diamond heart".

I snickered at his last sentence. "A diamond heart you say?" I inquired and he nods, "just wait until he gets here only then can you tell if he does have...." I trailed off when the door flew open and my ex-husband barged in.

His fragrance hits my nose and I sniff it in like that should be my oxygen. How I missed his smell, his embrace, the kisses he do place on my face, and his...oh God, have mercy on me. I'm losing it, I'm in my dreamland once again. "And here he comes" I muttered under my breath and glance away.

"You are here, buddy. That was fast for you to have gotten here. We apologize for not appearing at the pre-trial, my client's health was at stake that's why" I heard Antonio apologize.

"I see, I see how sick she looks right now" Ferd's voice sounded cold and I could feel the humor through his agitation.

I was dying to glance at his face but I can't do that right now for my own sake.

"Here is the doctor's report on her if you still think we are lying to you" with my peripheral vision I saw Antonio handing him my pregnancy test result. Ferd snatched it from him and I caught him reading it.

I was expecting some yelling from him but all I got was an awkward silence in the room. My head remained in a bow because I was still scared to look him in the eyes.

Minutes went by before I heard footsteps approaching my bedside and I suddenly became nervous, something in me tells me it was not Antonio but Ferd. My intuition turns out to be right when Ferd squats right in front of me. His presence got me trembling and I shut my eyes closed.

"Look at me" he gave the order calmly and his breath fanned my face. I refused to stare at him as he wanted, but my heart was begging me to open up my eyes. "Micaela, I said look at me" he requested again and his hand touched my face and tilts my chin.

I was forced to open my eyes to catch a glimpse of him.

We both locked gaze and just then did I realize our lips were an inch apart. Staring into his handsome face and letting his aftershave scent fill my nose is all I'm going to dream of tonight. How I wish time would stand still and let this moment last forever.

"You are pregnant for me?" he said rhetorically and I forced a slight nod in response. My response triggered a snort from him and then light chuckles emerged from him.