Episode 06

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 06

~Playlist for this chapter is ' Can you hear me ~ Munn' do enjoy it! 😉

Fernando's POV Cont'd

After getting back my iPad pro, I stayed up all evening in my room reading 'Shattered Hearts', the more chapter I read the more tensed and suspense kept paving its way to my mind. When I glanced at my table clock, my eyes widened at the time, it was past 2 am and I was still awake reading a book.

How did I stay up all night reading a particular book? 'you already know the answer to that question Fernando' my inner voice answered for me. Yeah, my subconscious is right, I'm still reading this book because it has everything to do with my past.

Can such a story be a coincidence? Why do I feel like there's a connection between this writer and me? Does she have anything to do with my past?

Antonio is right, after all, I see why he insisted I read this book, perhaps it's the answer to my past. I think we need to find this author and ask her all these questions that are leaving me restless right now.

My gaze returned to the screen and I swiped through 6pages. When I tried swiping further it couldn't swipe, then my gaze fell to the bottom of the page and I read 'The End of Series1'. Seriously? Do you mean this book has another series? Why didn't she just end the book here, why write another series?

Oh, of course, it didn't end well, she didn't say what happened to the protagonist later on. She could have just written that in series 1 rather than wait for series 2. Who knows how long that will take?

I glanced back to the page and continued reading people's reviews of the book. Good reviews were all I could read. My gaze settles on the ratings, "Wow! 10 million likes?!" My eyes grew bigger at the screen and I hit the like button without hesitation.

I never knew people have the time to read stories, I guess not any kind of story, it has to be this particular one. This author must be a professional to have this many reads and ratings. I had a few glimpses of the comments and almost everyone wants to read series 2. I guess I'm not the only one desperate to read series 2.

I exited the comments section and
on the author's profile, I gape in awe at the figure of followers. "50m followers?!" I exclaimed in alter disbelief. How did Micaela Alvarado get this far?

Curiosity hits me and many thoughts linger on my mind, one of those thoughts was meeting her in person and getting to know the inspiration behind her story. I'm desperate to know if she had any connections with my past, this story can never be a coincidence. Maybe I should leave a comment requesting to see her in person?

I started typing but then I stopped. "No, no, no, that is going to be so embarrassing and everyone will get to be replying to me instead of her". I sat down drumming my fingers on the bed having deep thoughts about how to get in touch with her.

"Yes!" I exclaimed when a thought struck my mind. "Antonio!" Antonio would have information on her whereabouts.

I sigh slightly in relief and kept my iPad on the table. I hope we find her, perhaps she has answers to my tormenting past that keeps giving me nightmares anytime I think of it. I lay down to catch some sleep before work hours.

***

Morning came by so fast without me having enough sleep. I had to go to my office and examine records of all that is going on in my company and thereafter I can pay a visit to the mining site to know how things were going.