Episode 10

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 10

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Wildflowers - Stay for a little while 🎶🎶do enjoy

Fernando's POV

All I ever wanted was just a brief conversation with Micaela and then I was gone. She had answers to my past which was the reason I'm here in the first place, but getting stuck with her in an elevator is the last thing I'll ever think could happen to me.

Who can change that now that it has already happened? I was so angry at her for bringing me here and getting stuck with her. I mean how can I spend more than an hour with her in the same room-sorry I mean the elevator? Who even knows if help is going to come to us?

I hate being close with the female gender except for my mom. Spending a couple of minutes with them irritates me except for business purposes. What if we spend the night here together, what's going to happen? Damnit! I cursed inwardly and placed my head on the metal, this was more infuriating than one could even imagine.

If only there was a signal on our phones she could have reached her ex-boss and sought help. I was so lost in my thoughts and drowning in my anger that I didn't even hear the low sobs emerging from her until now.

I glanced down and I saw her sitting on the floor with her head buried in between her thighs sobbing. The sobs grew louder and I raised a brow at what is going on with her, why the hell is she crying? She can't tell me she is crying just because I scolded her for bringing me here, right? I stared down at her confusedly not knowing if I should calm her down or just let her be.

Seconds grew to minutes and my gaze never left her. Suddenly, I felt somewhat guilty just watching her cry. Have I grown this cold not to care about someone else's feelings?

Perhaps I overreacted, I should apologize. Although I might not like women I don't disrespect them either. It wasn't her fault, after all, elevators can malfunction at times. I drew in a long breath and exhale. I took a step closer and squat in front of her. As much as I hate to have body contact with her, I gently placed my hand on her arm and she didn't budge.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice at you nor should I have blamed you for the company's faulty elevator" I spoke softly.

Her sobs grew louder than it has been in the past couple of minutes. A grunt escaped my lungs. Is this lady kidding me? I'm apologizing to her and she's slicing more onions, wow, bravo! I applauded inwardly and bit my lower lip frustratingly. Can someone remind me why I came here again?

'To get answers to your past, dumb head' my inner voice answered and I shush it to be quiet. He is right though, if I don't cool things down right now, she might not feel the need to talk to me let alone answer my questions. I'm not used to doing this, I don't even know where to start.

I bow my head and went into deep thoughts. If only there was a connection on my phone I would have called Antonio to help me with this.

I have no idea how many minutes passed by but I decided to try another way to make her stop wailing. She is making the atmosphere hot and noisy. I huff out a deep breath and reach out for her hair but I refrain from touching her hair and kept my hand to myself. I tried again and I refrain for the second time. Damn! This was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life so far. It's just like I was trying to put my hand in a fire that is burning.

I held my forehead with my fingers and shut my eyes closed for a moment. I just have to pretend it's not going to burn me, that's the only way to get to touch her. I flutter my eyes open and my hand gently touched her hair. To my surprise it didn't burn me as I expected, I mean it didn't feel awkward when I touched her, rather all I felt was calmness. Isn't that weird?