Episode 14

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 14

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Stronger - Azure Rhyder' ' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV

By 3.30 pm, I was already at the airport waiting for the departure time to elapse. I'd rescheduled my flight for 4 pm after I missed that of 2 pm, so here I am ready to return to Madrid without completing my mission of traveling down here, all thanks to Micaela. The earlier I realized I wasn't going to get answers to my past the better for me. That was why I never went back to the hospital to inform Micaela I was leaving. It is a waste of time to go back there, I mean what is the point when I knew already that the person I'm meant to have a conversation with is not up for it at this moment?

Although it might have been unfair of me to not tell her I was leaving the city but I don't think I owe her any explanation. It was a decision I came up with at the last minute while in the coffee shop. Before I left the coffee shop, I asked my PA to reschedule my flight again which he did. A couple of minutes after I received my tickets via mail, I rushed up to the nearest boutique and did a little shopping. My clothes needed changing because the white I was putting on had a few blood stains on it and you know how obvious stains could be on whites.

I had changed my outfit to a turtle neck cream color long sleeves shirt, a dark grey jacket, and black pants paired with black shoes. After changing up to that, I bought two more jackets and shirts for myself and my best friend and that was it for my shopping there before I made my move down here.

I stared down at my wristwatch, and I had just 30 minutes left before my departure time. We were meant to proceed to the departure lounge, but for some reason, we were still sitting out here in the terminal. This is one of the reasons I don't like flying economy class, I had no other option but to accept it because it was the only available flight back to Madrid. I hope they don't cancel the flight because I'm not ready to spend another night here.

My mood suddenly switched to sadness and anger. I couldn't tell why at first, but as the face of a lady who I felt I had hurt kept resurfacing in my head, I came to understand why I am upset. I think I'm feeling guilty for not telling that lady I was leaving.

But what does it matter though?  At least I took care of the hospital bills and I was there to see her breathing just fine before I left. Wasn't that enough? What else was my role there if I were to stay back?

"Fernando!" While I was still in my thoughts, I suddenly heard my name, and my head snaps up.  For a moment I wondered if it was my name or if I just misheard. I almost slapped myself when I recalled I wasn't the only one bearing that name. I grunted and put my gaze down in embarrassment.

"Fernando Perez!" The voice yelled again and I was forced to glance around. At least this can't be a coincidence that my surname is being added.

"Fernando Perez! Can you hear me?" The voice yelled again and I was up to my feet immediately. From the texture of the voice, I realized it belongs to a female.  With my hawk's gaze, I didn't stop scanning the terminal to find who must have known me here to be seeking my attention.

At last, my gaze fell on a young lady who was glancing around like she was in search of someone. She was dressed in blue jeans and a yellow crop top. I furrowed confusedly, I've seen that exact dress somewhere today. I tried to gather my thoughts to recall where I'd seen it. Kim! It was Kim I saw with that outfit today at the hospital. Could that be her? If it was her, what was she doing here at the airport standing in the crowd looking around like she was lost? Or was she the one that called for me?