Episode 21

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 21

~Playlist for this chapter is '~ Meant to be - Ber' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV cont'd

I was staring blankly at Antonio, words were failing me this minute. I don't know what answer to give him, to be honest, I can't explain what I felt during and after the kiss. When Micaela kissed me, I went numb that moment, nothing more than numbness took control of me. Numbness and...I think I felt something else but I can't tell what that is.

"I'm waiting for your answer buddy" Antonio's voice rattles me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I pretended to ask like I had no clue what he was saying.

"Oh, don't play dumb with me Fernando, just give me an honest answer. Did you like the kiss or not?"

I opened my mouth to give him an answer but then his phone rang. "One minute please," he said and picked up the call. "Hey babe, how are you?" he continues on the phone while I distracted myself from paying attention to his conversation with a sip of my drink and sliding through my phone.

"Just calm down babe, don't get frightened, I'll be home soon" I heard him say and hung up.

I glance up at him and shrugged. "What's up?".

"My son is running a high temperature, I need to hurry home and find out if he needs to be rushed to the hospital," he said and stood up.

"Oh, okay" I replied with relief deep down my heart, body, and soul that this conversation was over with. But I kept it in check not to let my physical countenance betray me in front of my best friend.

"Don't get overly excited over this abrupt intrusion of our conversation, be rest assured we'll have this conversation again some other day" he announced as if he has just read my mind.

"Don't be so dramatic, I wasn't feeling excited. I was just feeling sad that you're leaving so soon" I argued even though he was saying the truth.

"You can't deceive me, buddy, I know you too well. I beg to take my leave, see you tomorrow" he said smiling and we shook hands.

"Send my greetings to your family and please give me a call as soon as you get home. And if you need my help do not hesitate to call me".

"Thanks, buddy" he replied and turns around to leave but then he halted. "I'm not leaving here without my gift" he grins cockily at me and I shook my head in amusement.

We both walked out of my bar and took the elevator downstairs. We arrived at the parking garage and I opened my car trunk and handed the small box containing his clothes to him.

"Thanks, buddy, you are so kind" he gave me a brief hug and patted my back.

"Oh, is nothing, you are more than a best friend to me, you are my brother" I answered back.

"Thanks, man. I have to go now, we'll talk later" he rushed to his car.

"Drive safely".

"Yes boss" he chuckles and I snorted. I watched him hop into his car and drove off.

I let out a long breath that I've been holding since Antonio asked about that lady. I'm relieved that an emergency came up and he had to leave, I wonder what I would have said if he had kept pressuring me for an answer. I went back inside and rounded up with my hotel manager before leaving.

I thought if I get back home I'll go straight to bed and relax my head but instead, I found myself awake doing something I haven't done before. I was thinking of a lady, envisioning her, and flashbacks of every damn moment I'd spent with her back in that city were all I could think of. I kept tossing around on my bed not able to find sleep neither did sleep find me.