[ 61. 𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞 ]

"Slipping through my fingers."
———————————————————————-

Yoongi wakes up by the sudden noise of thunder and rumbling. It's pouring outside. He looks down at Jimin who's snuggled up under the covers. He rolls out of bed carefully and gets dressed in warmer clothes. Before leaving the bedroom he left a kiss on Jimin's forehead.

Right as he was going down the stairs he remembered his sister would be here too. He peeped his head around the corner and saw Chaeyoung on the couch sleeping. Her position was sprawled out while dangling her limbs off the edge. Yoongi smiled before grabbing a pillow and smacking her across the head to wake her up.

"Fuck," she groaned sleepily. "Yoongi?"

"You look comfortable," he chuckled softly. "I'm going back to the house."

"What?" Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes, "You can't, Yoongi! Especially not at this hour. They'd.. y'know."

"I know. It's better than them finding me gone. I would rather go now than later."

Chaeyoung jumped up, "Let me go with you—"

He pushed her back onto the couch, "I'll be okay."

"I don't like this idea," she said as Yoongi walked towards the front door anyway. Chaeyoung shook her head. She couldn't stop him at this point. "Don't get sick. It's raining."

"I won't."

-

Yoongi's house wasn't the farthest from Jimin's but it was definitely still a walk that would tire him out. He knew he'd knock out once he was passed the front door. The rain was heavier by now. With some wrong turns and directions he was shivering in the cold, assuming he was lost.

When he looked up he saw his house around the corner. Looks like he wasn't so lost after all. He felt some sort of relief and started running. Almost slipping, he rushed to the front door and swung it open. Once he was inside he took off his jacket and shook his wet hair.

Then the light turned on. His mother stood there with an emotionless expression holding a book. She looked more tired than usual and her dark circles were prominent.

"Mom?" He said hesitantly.

"I waited for you."

"I was just on a walk, Mom I didn't—"

"I knew you went to go see him... that boy." Yoongi couldn't move. He felt his heart race as his face turned pale. His mother was no fool.

"Oh," was all he could say.

"Get to sleep, Yoongi," she walked away into the abyss of darkness and back to her room.

Yoongi walks into his room completely confused. He would definitely believe someone is they told him his mother was a ghost or a hologram.

'Since when is she awake at this hour? Or why? And she knew I went to go see Jimin?'

Whatever that was, his mother didn't scold or hit him this time.

Which was unusual.

-

Jimin went to school the next morning and followed his normal schedule as if everything was fine. He woke up alone but he knew he could get through school without Yoongi. After attending some of his classes he realized Hoseok, Dahyun, and Lisa were missing. They must've been suspended as well.

He reminisced on what had happened the previous night and realized he needed to talk to Namjoon on what would happen in the long run.

During his lunch break he went to the back of the school and started texting Namjoon to meet up. He did this until his phone was thrown out of his hands and onto the floor. The text probably never sent.