[ 53. 𝙎𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝘼 𝙋𝙨𝙮𝙘𝙝𝙤 ]

"Oh she's sweet but a psycho."
———————————————————————-

He's so close to the phone, he just needs to move maybe an inch closer.

'Almost there...'

SLAM

Jimin's own phone smacks screen first onto the floor. Because of his moving around, he dragged the blanket over the nightstand and made everything knock over.

Jimin glances over at the phone laying on the floor, "Can this get any worse?"

With slamming his phone onto the floor, he's still determined to see those messages. Jimin slightly moves more to reach for her phone, but he's still far from being able to grab it; and he's practically on top of Chaeyoung. This is weird.

"What the actual fuck are you doing," Chaeyoung is wide awake at this point.

"Ah! Oh... haha... oh," Jimin quickly rolls off her and lays on his side, laughing awkwardly.

"Is this your confession to being straight or something? You could've just told me you're some fuckin' creep," Chaeyoung backs herself up into the corner.

"No, this is not my "confession." I was trying to reach for your phone and just so happened to be in that... awkward position."

"Right," Chaeyoung grabs her phone. "What's so special about these messages anyway? Maybe if you asked nicely I would've answered whatever the hell is bothering you so much."

"Agh!" Jimin plants his face into the pillow and groans.

"Okay, dramatic much.."

"So... I sat next to your mom on my flight.." Jimin muffles against the pillow.

"And? Go on..."

"She doesn't know Yoongi is dating me!" He whines.

"For Christ's sake!" Chaeyoung was expecting something more major. "That's what you've been bitching about? Of course he wouldn't bring you up. Homophobic dad, hello?"

"There's more..."

"Of course there is."

Jimin hesitates but knows it's best to know the truth, "Did he really get someone pregnant?"

Chaeyoung sits there appalled, lips parted and speechless. She turns her back to Jimin, starting to tuck herself in again. "We should get some rest."

"Chaeyoung, you can't just—" Jimin reaches for her shoulder.

"Please, we should just get some rest," she says more aggressively. "Yoongi's flight arrives tomorrow night. We don't want to be exhausted when we see him..."

Jimin furrows his eyebrows and lays back down. She's definitely right, it's late but she completely brushed off his question. He's hoping she'll be more open to say a least one detail when the morning arrives.

"I'm not the person you should ask."

Jimin switches off the light and reflects on his question and Chaeyoung's words. This'll be one heck of a dream and more chaos for the next few days.

-

Back in Hawaii, the rest of the group sits at their gate waiting for their flight. Each of them were in pairs and one trio, scattered around the airport. Jin and Hoseok were on a mission to scavenge on crappy airport food, Dahyun and Namjoon were waiting in a long bathroom queue. As for the last three of them, they were patiently waiting to board.