[ 34. 𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝘽𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝 ]

"As much as my heart flutters, I'm worried."
———————————————————————

Hoseok was staring down Sehun for the past hour or so. He came off as just so strange.. Like, who doesn't move an inch for an hour while looking at their phone and texting? Looked as if he was a robot.

Hoseok got a crumb off the counter and threw it at Sehun, "Hey, your break was over ten minutes ago, stop looking at your phone." Sehun didn't move a muscle.

Dahyun came out from the back and stood next to Hoseok, "Still hasn't moved yet?"

"Yup."

"God I hate summer. It's too hot and I still have this dumb job, not to mention it'll be packed from now on due to the heat," Dahyun complained.

"Well at least you got me, your best friend," Hoseok said sarcastically as he put his arm around Dahyun and gave a cheesy smile.

Dahyun mentally cringed and smacked his arm away, "Fuck you and your annoying ass."

"C'mon, we'll have so much fun over the summer. Scooping the same ice cream flavor for maybe forty times a day... yelling at Sehun... cleaning up bratty children's messes.." Hoseok evilly smiled.

"I'd rather deal with Yoongi's tantrums than hang out with you the entire summer here."

Hoseok rolled his eyes as he placed his elbows on the counter, "whatever, your loss."

Dahyun sighed and she slumped onto the counter with an obvious change in mood, "What do you think the others are doing?"

"Well.. I saw Namjoon and Yoongi together in the library.. it was a strange sight, I had to slap myself to see if I was high or something. I see Jin studying or with Joon most the time. As for Jennie and Lisa.. I've only seen them in the halls. Maybe they found a new crowd," Hoseok shrugged.

"Damn.." Dahyun exhaled, "Do you ever miss them? Like getting shit-faced every Saturday?" Dahyun chuckled slightly.

"Don't think my liver missed it, but yeah sometimes. Gets kinda boring sometimes, all I do is homework and come here to work."

"Not to mention it's awkward bumping into the others now. I made eye contact with Lisa in the hallway once and it probably lasted for a minute but it felt like a century. She walked away and didn't say a word to me," Dahyun got her phone and opened it up.

"I haven't even talked to anyone other than Jin. He helps me study but that's about it. I was surprised you didn't speak with Jennie or Lisa after the 'split.'" Hoseok assumed they were close since they were girls but then again he never asked.

"Sure I hung out with them before the split happened but I hung out with you and Yoongi more than them. And Lisa and Jennie are closer to each other than me so.." The truth is, Dahyun always seemed like the one who hung out with everyone rather than being closer to a specific person.

"I see.. have you talked to h after everything?" Hoseok asked.

Dahyun scrolled through her text messages, "I checked up on him every now and then but I was still mad at him in the beginning. I'm not anymore, so I tried sparking up conversation. He'd answer when he could, but he always seemed to be busy with something. Hope he's doing okay."

"Let's just say I had an encounter with him over the summer and we haven't talked since-"

"Will you two stop talking about your sappy depressing ass lives for one goddamn second?" Sehun yelled suddenly.