Chapter 27

*DIA DUIT, EVERYONE! WELCOME TO ANOTHER STUNNING CHAPTER OF C&B!!! VIDEO IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS: Changing Me BY Bobby Green Feat. Sean Michael Murray (Sick beat yo). I'LL GET RIGHT ON TO THE QUESTIONS.

QUESTIONS!!:
-What language would you like to learn? (I need to learn Spanish and I'd like to learn Japanese so I can watch anime without subtitles and look like a total badass in front of my friends. XD)
-Where do you think you'll live when you grow older? (I think I'd probably live in New York like many well-renowned writers. Plus, I'd like to see the snow because I NEVER have snow where I live.)

THAT'S ALL FOR THIS UPDATE'S QUESTIONS! ENJOY THE CHAPTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 27

I woke up in my motel bed. I yawned and stretched my arms up against the headboard. Staring up at the ceiling, I let my sleep leave me until I was okay enough to sit up. I rubbed my eyes for a moment and then reached over to the nightstand to grab my glasses. Once I put them on, I heard the sound of a door opening and Jeff stepped out around the corner. He was drying his hair with a towel and he was wearing his black pants and muscle shirt. He must've taken a shower.

"Good morning," he said, "I hope you slept well."

"Somewhat, but I'll survive," I said and scratched at my head. Jeff let his towel rest around his shoulders and turned on the TV. Nothing but static streaked across the screen and he grumbled. He adjusted the antennae and the TV still wouldn't work. Jeff growled and gave the small box a whack on the top. Suddenly the screen was clear and it showed a news channel. The anchor was talking about local agriculture.

"There we go," Jeff muttered as he sat down at the foot of his bed. He watched the channel intently and I guessed it was to watch out for any signs from Scapegrace. I got up and decided to use the bathroom since it was unoccupied.

When I had done my business, I washed my hands in the sink and dried off. Then I went to work on my hair. I stood in front of the mirror for a while as I weaved my fingers through my hair to make my braids. As I was braiding, I heard Jeff say, "Holy crap," and he turned up the volume on the TV. Something must be going on. I walked out of the bathroom, mid-braiding, and stood next to Jeff as I watched the TV screen. I froze. My fingers stopped messing with my hair and so my brunette locks fell on my shoulders.

There was another message from Scapegrace, but it wasn't the proxy symbol in red anymore. Scrawled across a concrete wall, in bright cyan blue, was Sam's name in tiny letters, and each tiny name formed to create one big one. They all came together to form mine. I suddenly felt dizzy and I had to sit down on my bed. "She knows my name," I breathed, "she knows Sam's name..."

"Who's Sam," Jeff asked me, and my breath grew even shorter. I can't tell Jeff. If I tell him, he may think I'm crazy, or worse, he'll see me as a threat. He might take me back home and I don't want to leave just yet. There's still so much more I want to uncover, especially now that I know that Scapegrace knows my name and Sam's too.

"He's a dear friend of mine," I lied, still feeling dizzy.

Jeff sighed and hung his head low. "It's too early in the morning to be dealing with this already," he grumbled. I stayed quiet and stared at the floor. My nails were pressing into my palms as I clenched my hands. I'm nervous. If Scapegrace had only marked my name, that would be somewhat acceptable. But, she didn't just mark my name, she marked Sam's name as well. No one else knows about him. No one but me. So how would she know? It can't be a coincidence. What scares me even greater is if she plans to reveal his existence in some fashion. I can't let anyone take him away from me.