Chapter 48

*EEYYYYY YO GUYS. WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER CHAPPY CHOO (wtf rly?)! I WANNA SAY THANKS TO TEH WAIFU ScarletLeCreepy  SINCE SHE PRACTICALLY HELPED WITH THE ENTIRE CHAPTER (literally, I was hella stuck). THIS ONE IS LIKE SUPER LONG LIKE...LONGER THAN KP's CHAPTER 78 AND THAT SHIT'S LOOOOONG. (This chapter is approximately 12,000 words long.) BUT, I HOPE YOU'RE WILLING TO READ AND ENJOY IT ANYWAY!

Questions!!:
-How was your Halloween/what did you dress as? (I was Deadpool, as all of my Insta followers will know since I spammed ridiculous photos.)
-What's your favorite candy? (I. Love. Kit Kats.)

SONG IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS Lights by EMRBZ! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I'LL SEE YOU AROUND!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 48

Ao's POV

"Are you okay?"

Craig responded to my question, looking up from his textbook and class work. The both of us sat at a table in the school library, seated together for a study session. He cocked an eyebrow. "I'm fine, why do you ask?"

I shrugged and placed my pencil onto my notebook. "You've just been acting a little strange lately," I replied, "I assumed something was going on." I looked him in his brown eyes, sharply but not aggressively. He stared back, not looking away for a good few seconds.

I know something's wrong. Kayla and I witnessed it yesterday. The sound of the enraged, cold slap on Xavier's face still echoes in my mind like it echoed over the trees that day. Kayla and I haven't talked about it since but we have given each other looks throughout the day. Now I'm finally going to confront this with Craig.

After our staring contest, he shook his head and said, "Nothing's wrong." I could see the placidness in his eyes. Not a hint of recognition in those irises. I've never seen him do that kind of thing and if I hadn't witnessed what happened yesterday between Xavier and him and if I hadn't studied his behavior these past few days, I would've completely believed him. I've never viewed Craig as a good liar, but damn he's good.

I tried to hide the disappointment in my features but it seems I'm not such a good liar myself. Craig read me like a children's book. "What's going on?," he asked.

I frowned slightly. "That's what I'd like to know," I quipped.

"Know what?"

I couldn't take Craig's acting anymore. I let him have his closure but now this is just pissing me off. Impatient and concerned, I hissed, "Why you and Xavier have been acting so weird."

"He's stressed out because of his upcoming track competition," Craig lied.

Xavier is never nervous, especially when it comes to track. He's one of the best runners I've seen and he's been doing it ever since he learned how to walk. I've met his parents, they've told me stories about him and his running. He's steadfast but never overshoots. He's a model runner. So, Xavier doesn't get nervous.

"How nervous is he? Enough for you to slap sense into him?" I almost felt bad for replying the way I did. Almost.

That got Craig. I saw him gulp and he cast his eyes down to the table. "You saw," he whispered. I nodded and added, "So, did Kayla."