Chapter 74

*Almost over, everyone...

Music in multimedia is: Rogue - Nemesis [Provided by Monstercat]. It's fookin badass, m8.

Enjoy!!~*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 74

There was a blinding, white light and then silence. At first, I thought I had died, yet I could still feel all of my pain...along with something carrying me.

A few seconds later, I could feel myself being placed gently on the ground, and by then the light had faded. High above me, the sky was still a blur of gray and red, decaying away. The light wasn't some healing miracle since the piece of rebar was still lodged into my stomach and I could feel where my right leg was missing. Shifting my gaze around me, to my right I could see a figure looming over me. The glow around them made them seem like an ethereal being and I wondered who this new being was and why they lifted me from the fissure. As my vision started to clear some more, I saw bright blue eyes, mixed with little specks of silver, staring down at me, concerned. I felt a hand tenderly brush the side of my face and in that instant a wave of tranquility washed over me.

"Ao..?"

Their voice called out to me. It sounded familiar but so different. With trembling fingers, I grabbed onto the hand that held my face and squeezed. Their skin was soft and warm, unlike a spirit, but I had a feeling they weren't human. Finally, my vision cleared fully to reveal the finer details of my rescuer.

Stark white hair draped over bronze toned skin that was laced meticulously with white markings. His tunic was of an old, rough fabric, but intricately sewn with significant designs. His lips were full, cheekbones high and his eyes were slightly hooded. He was otherworldly, but beautiful in more ways than one, and I reached out for the face that I've desperately wanted to see ever since he first spoke to me all those years ago.

"S-Sam...," I murmured, disbelief and wonder lining my tone. He bared a smile at me that brightened his eyes more than they already shined. Brushing the hair out of my face with gentle fingers, he said, "Don't talk right now. Stay here and wait for me, my Queen."

Speechless, I stared up at him as he began to leave me. I didn't want to let go of his hand, but I was too weak to grip onto it tight enough. He stood up straight and turned to walk. "Sam," I whispered, half-expecting to hear him in my head but not a single voice responded back.

Still in his beastly form, Zalgo grinned down at the both of us and laughed. "I Don't Recall Spirits Such As Yourself Being Able To Manifest Into Corporeal Beings. And I Don't Recall That They Are Strong Enough Against Infinite Entities. I Applaud Your Courage, Though."

"I'm not any normal spirit, you ugly-ass, horned, devil knock-off bastard," Sam announced bitterly, and that made Zalgo scowl out of distaste. He continued, "Now, are you going to keep talking down to me or are you going to fight me?"

Zalgo cackled, his otherworldly voice echoing coldly through the air, and said, "Fight you? Well, that wouldn't be very fair, now would it?"

A smirk played on Sam's tanned features and he remarked, "Then that should be perfect for you, considering you're not one for fairness. But unfortunately for you, so am I." As he lifted one hand in the air, the white markings on his skin began to glow a bright, cool blue. With one swift motion, he snapped his fingers toward Zalgo and something amazing happened.