Chapter 52

*HEY GUYS! WELCOME TO ANOTHER CHAPTER OF C&B! NOW, I WILL SAY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS SLIGHTLY SHORTER THAN THE NORMAL CHAPTER (chapters usually range from 7,000 to 8,000 words, this one is about 5,000, not including this author's note). I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT BECAUSE I FEEL THAT THIS CHAP MAY NOT BE THAT EVENTFUL. IDK, THAT'S JUST ME. I'M MY OWN HARSH CRITIC, YA KNOW THE SAYING. BUT THE GOOD THING IS IS THAT I'VE GOT CHAPTER 53 ALREADY SET UP AND READY! YAY! ANYWAY, HOW ABOUT WE START THE FIRST CHAPTER OF 2016 WITH SOME QUESTIONS?!

Questions!!:
-What are your 2016 resolutions? (My resolutions are to not procrastinate on my responsibilities and to finISH THIS FUCKIN BOOK AFTER TWO YEARS JFC.)
-If this series had a soundtrack, what songs do you think would be included? (Tbh, I'd pick a bunch of EDM songs. Maybe I'll post a list of songs that I like because why the fuk not?? Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see that.~)

ALSO, BECAUSE I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH, YOU ALL GET TO CHILL OUT TO THE VID IN THE MULTIMEDIA. SONG IS Lark by Direct. ENJOY THE CHAPTER, EVERYONE!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 52

Jeff's POV

My blood was boiling, my head was spinning and my fist ached from landing a hard punch to Toby's cheek. He stumbled back slightly but didn't seem fazed by the hit at all. If anything, he was calm, while the girls lost their shit.

"You son of a bitch!," I yelled at Toby, right before Clockwork rushed over and shoved me away.

Next thing I knew, everyone was scrambling to get the two of us away from each other. Clockwork was being stubborn and clawing at my face while Elizabeth pried her away. I didn't bother hitting her and only tried pushing her off. Ben was at my back, arms wrapped under mine as he tugged on me. Toby was in the squabble in an instant and helped Elizabeth.

Once the two of us were far away, Clockwork spat, "You've got some fucking nerve!"

Toby turned to her and said in a calm tone of voice, "Clock, i-it's fine, I'm alright. You know I don't feel a thing."

"Doesn't matter," she hissed. She glared at me and said, "He fucked up..!"

"So, did he," I remarked, nodding at Toby. He looked at me with big eyes as I continued, "How could you?! You knew how much she meant to me and you took her! You were my friend, practically like a brother, and you go and fuck me over!!"

"What the hell is he talking about?," Elizabeth asked. Toby didn't answer her, he just kept his eyes on me.

"Two years," I continued, "two fucking years!! Because of what you did that night you left me to be alone, you left me to question myself, you left me to suffer without the closure that she was alright! I spent those two years trying to find answers, hoping one day I could kill the bastards who took her. Now, I'm disgusted to see that one of those bastards is you..!"

Clockwork suddenly sprinted out of Elizabeth's grip and grabbed at my shirt. This time when she hit me, I hit back. The both of us tumbled to the ground, jabbing each other, while everyone else hovered over us, trying to separate us. Eventually, Ben got a hold of me and picked me up while Toby and Elizabeth had Clockwork. As soon as Clockwork was up, she spat at the ground near my feet and growled at me, "After two years, you still hit like a bitch..!"

I jerked forward a bit, causing Ben to tighten his grip but I yanked myself out and growled, "Get off! I'm not going to do anything..!" He just raised his hands and took a step back.