Chapter 16

*MERRY CHRISTMAS CREEPS!! MAN I WAS IN A TIME CRUNCH FOR THIS CHAPTER. I WANTED IT TO BE A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR ALL OF YOU ON CHRISTMAS AND NOT JUST SOME BELATED PRESENT. THINGS WOULD'VE BEEN REAL AWKWARD, HEH HEH.

QUESTIONS!!:
-How do you celebrate Christmas? (I don't even know how to explain it. There's family, food, dogs, roughhousing, cake and presents. Cx)
-What's the one thing in the world that makes you or would make you truly happy? (Just having my friends/family, being able to write and have all of you supporting me makes me happy! c:)

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ENJOY YOUR PRESENT FROM GOOD OL' SAINT LAUGHTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends! And have a Merry Creepmas! -ba dum tsss- (-cough- that was terrible -cough-)!~

Chapter 16

The local college came into view, standing tall and proud, awaiting my arrival. The parking lot that was supposed to be empty was filled with cars. There wasn't a lot but I could tell that all of the cars were here because people came to see the recital. My father found a parking space and then shut the car down. "Are you excited?" My mother asked. I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt. My parents did the same. I grabbed my violin case by the handle and then opened up my car door. I carefully stepped out of the car as to avoid straining my ankle again. My mother helped me further once she was out of the car and finally all of us were standing outside together. I closed my car door and my father locked the car up. "Alright, now be careful," my mother said as she held onto my arm so I could walk easier.

"Okaasan, I'm okay," I said, "I don't need that much help anymore."

"Well, you don't exactly walk very fast," she remarked and I frowned playfully at her. My father took the liberty of carrying my violin case for me and I thanked him for that gesture. We walked and maneuvered past parked cars towards the auditorium entrance of the college building. I could already feel my excitement get the better of me. At one point, I wanted to run towards the entrance but I knew my ankle wouldn't appreciate that.

We made it to the entrance and we entered the lobby, where a few students from my school were handing out papers to people that were attending. I could hear the people in the actual auditorium itself and I knew it was a good many of people in there. My parents and I walked into the large room and my eyes immediately went to the stage. The curtains were drawn back, leaving it empty and dark for everyone to see. Soon enough Craig and I will be up on that stage, performing our duet. I wasn't at all nervous, just eager. Craig and I won't be the only ones playing though. Other students in varsity will be performing their own solos too, and some college students I think. I know Craig and I don't perform right away, which leaves us enough time to go over the duet for a few and then watch all of the other performances.

"I'll go and find Craig," I told my parents, "you two can find some good seats, if you'd like."

"Are you sure you don't need any more help walking," my mother asked. I shook my head. My parents shared glances and then nodded in approval. I smiled and hugged the both of them. "I'll see you two after the recital," I told them. They both hugged me back and smiled. "Kōun," the both of them said (good luck) in unison and I appreciated that. My father handed me my violin case and I took it in my hands. With one last wave of good-bye I carefully made my way down the aisle and towards an entrance that led to the back rooms. I managed to make my way up a few steps of stairs and walked down a hallway. I checked the rooms to find Craig and eventually stumbled upon the correct one as I saw Craig fumbling with his tie while Kayla was trying to swat his hands away so she could fix it for him. I made my presence known by saying a simple "hello" and the both of them stopped and stared at me. All of a sudden their surprised expressions turned into ones of awe, especially Kayla's. She suddenly came rushing up to me and she chimed, "You look gorgeous!!!" I could practically see stars in her eyes. I looked down at her clothes and admired her cream white sweater, black pants and brown knee high boots. She looks dressed for the occasion. She examined my dress and my hair while Craig came up to me and said, "You look amazing, Blue."