Chapter 21

*HEY GUYS, HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE. SORRY THIS ONE TOOK A WHILE. LITTLE OL' LAUGHTER GOT A BIT CONFUSED ON WHAT TO WRITE. I ALSO WANTED TO MENTION SOMETHING. I HAVE CREATED AN OFFICIAL FANPAGE FOR Killer Protector (_killer.protector.series.fp_) AND FOR ANYTHING ELSE INVOLVED WITH IT. IT'S AN INSTAGRAM PAGE, SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE IG, GO AHEAD AND CHECK THAT OUT. I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANYTHING, LIKE I HAVE NOTHING ON THAT THING. XD BUUUUUUT I CAN FILL THAT THANG UP WITH STUFF FROM YOU GUYS! IF YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF ART OR WRITING OR SOMETHING YOU'VE CREATED THAT YOU'D TO SHARE WITH THIS WONDERFUL FANDOM (it's officially a fandom, apparently, like WHOA) THEN GO AHEAD AND SEND THAT BEAUTY TO MY GMAIL jefferysaysgotosleep@gmail.com, AND I'LL PUT YOUR WORK UP ON THE FANPAGE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE, I'LL GIVE CREDIT TO WHATEVER NAME YOU GO BY, OF COURSE. JUST MAKE SURE TO STATE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE CREDIT, I'M SURE YOU GUYS WOULD, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IMPORTANT TO YOU. OKAY, I'M RAMBLING A BIT.

QUESTIONS!!:
-Are you a sub or dub person?? (I'm talking about anime, of course. I'm a sub kinda gal c: )
-What is one of the most toughest decisions of your life? (Choosing a candy at Walmart. You have not felt true pressure and frustration if you haven't gone through this xD.)

ON WITH THE STORY!!! :D *

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 21

I woke up to nothing but blinding white light and the faint, muffled sound of a machine. My vision blurred in and out of focus and my head felt like there were cotton balls inside of it. All of my senses were pulsating and I worried that my disorientation would never stop. Finally, there was an end to it as everything settled down and my surroundings became clear.

White. White ceiling. Bright light seeped into the room from a window to the right of me. My fingers brushed against soft fabric and I tried to speak only to discover a dry mouth. I heard the sound of a pencil scribbling over a writing board and I looked to my right to see a dark skinned woman in blue scrubs. Her hair was tied pack into a neat bun and she seemed about late twenties or early thirties. She spotted my gaze on her and her face lit up a bit. With a kind smile, she greeted me. "Hello, Miss. Matsukochi. I'm glad to see you're responsive."

I tried talking but my dry mouth wouldn't allow me. The nurse grabbed a bottle of water with a straw from a nearby table and held it to my lips. I drank from the straw and relieved my mouth and throat. Once I had my fill, the nurse placed the water bottle back in its place and looked down at me. "Where...where am I...?" I asked her tiredly.

"You're in the Gracewood Hospital and Psychiatric Center," she answered me clearly, "You were admitted here as a patient yesterday at three in the morning. You've been unconscious for approximately seven hours since then."

"Wh...Why am I here again...?" I murmured, but my question was quickly answered as I remembered the events of last night. Panicked, I jolted in my spot and a machine beside my bed started beeping frantically. The nurse was quick to lay me back down and subdue me. "Please refrain from moving so vigorously, Miss," she told me in a steady voice, "you're still recovering from your shock."

"B-But th-the thing on my back," I rambled, "th-there's a thing o-on my back..!"

"Miss. Matsukochi, we checked you for any signs of trauma, both internally and externally and doctors found nothing out of the ordinary," she told me. My panic ceased to make way for confusion. "What..?" I murmured in disbelief. By the look in her eyes, she was being honest, which disturbed me more than the idea of there actually being something wrong. I was back to panicking. "No," I started, "I-I saw it. There was a mark on my back, a huge mark...! There's no way doctors would've missed it...! It has to be there..."