Chapter 39

*HEY GUYS! IT'S BEEN A WHILE AGAIN, THOUGH HOPEFULLY IT WASN'T AS LONG AS LAST TIME. THIS CHAP IS PRETTY LONG BUT YOU ALL ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! ALSO, A BIG SHOUTOUT TO MY BUDDY TUCKER (Tuck_Miller22 ) FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH A •SPECIAL CHARACTER•!~ THANKS, BRAH!

QUESTIONS!!:
-What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? (Too sleepy to remember. XD)
-What would you say is your greatest strength or weakness? (I'd say my strength is my imagination and my weakness is being really sensitive.~)

OKAY, ENJOY THIS ONE GUYS!!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 39

Jeff raced down the streets of Gracewood and I held onto him for dear life. I wondered if he'd take a moment to think carefully. How does he expect to find Elizabeth when everything around us seems to be nothing but blurred shapes? He didn't even stop at a red light and I really hoped there were no cops around for that.

I tugged on Jeff's shirt, trying to get his attention. When the first attempt didn't work, I tried again and again. It finally took me smacking my hand against his helmet to get him to pull over. I jumped off of his bike and stood in front of him. "What's wrong," he grumbled.

"You're not thinking straight," I stated. Jeff didn't argue with me. "Where did you plan to go," I added. He shook his head, saying, "I...don't know."

"I know you're frustrated and worried about Elizabeth but you need to calm down," I said sternly, "Driving around like a maniac isn't going to bring us any closer to her."

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Where's Ben?"

"At the hideout taking care of Jack," he answered.

"How come you're not having him search," I asked.

Jeff sighed. "I had him stay there in case anything happened. He'll be able to defend the hideout and Jack if trouble were to come. Besides, I needed someone who wouldn't frustrate me more than I already am..."

"Well, I'm flattered, but I can't help you if you're not level-headed."

"I know," Jeff grumbled.

"When did you discover Elizabeth was gone?" I inquired.

Jeff paused for moment. "Thirty minutes ago," he responded.

"Did she leave anything behind?"

"Just some of the clothes you bought for her," he said. "Her jacket and boots were gone, along with her eyepatch and mask."

"Anything else?"

Jeff paused again. "The window in her room was stripped of the boards on it. It was half-way opened when I saw it. I don't know how she removed the boards so quietly or when she did so. Ben nor Jack never heard anything. Neither did I."

"So, you don't know when she left?"

"No, which sucks because I don't know if she's still close or too far for us to catch a trail..," he muttered irritably.

I thought for moment, trying to figure out a good solution about this. "She wouldn't go through the rest of the countryside," I started, "it's nothing but forest and fields. No proper recourses. She had to have gone through the city. She might stick to the secluded areas. Since she didn't bring any of the things I bought for her, she's probably going to grab stuff from here, maybe to start fresh." I started thinking about the layout of Gracewood and the countryside close to it. A blue, translucent image of the area manifested in my vision. "Thanks, Sam," I whispered, before examining the mental map. I pointed at the hideout, hidden in the countryside, then I traced my finger to Gracewood. "There's a few small houses," I mumbled, "and after this park the stores and business buildings come in.."