Chapter 5

*YAY, TWO IN ONE WEEKEND! :D*

Chapter 5

"Damn! I keep playing F sharp instead of F natural!" Craig groaned and frowned down at his cello.

"You'll get it," I assured him, "that's why we practice."

"Yeah...," he mumbled and then went back to practicing the section of the music we were practicing today. Our orchestra instructor allowed us to practice in another room during class time. Craig and I have to learn our whole duet in time for a recital five weeks from now. We're half-way through the entire piece but Craig is having a little trouble on one part.

"How is it that I can get through the notes before this yet can't pass a measure with an F natural?" he grumbled.

"Like I said, this is why we practice. To perfect the parts that we can't get through," I told him.

"Well, I can't seem to get this right and it's stressing me out," he sighed and set his cello down next to his chair. He leaned back in his chair and put his head back, groaning. I smiled and handed him a bottle of water from my bag. He gladly took it and guzzled some of it down. "Ugh, man, I needed that..." he said, once finished.

"I'm sure you did," I giggled and began plucking the strings on my violin, practicing the part we were working on. I messed up but then shrugged it off and started again. Craig stared at me as I did this and suddenly remarked, "You seem happier than usual today."

"Why is that?" I asked, putting my violin down. He rubbed his chin and stared at me, seeming to analyze me. Then he gave me a smirk and leaned forward on his chair. "Who do you like?"

My eyes widened and I quickly stammered, "N-Nobody!"

"Ah, there's the blushie face," he said in a sing-song voice.

I frowned and looked away. "I'm not blushing," I said with my lips perked together.

"Ah! And you're even doing that cute Japanese thingy! Aw, man, there is someone!" He squealed.

I glared at him and said, "Even if I did like someone, I would tell you. I didn't tell you anything, therefore I don't like anyone."

"Whatever," he chuckled, "I still think something happened. So, spill it, Blue Boo!"

I smiled at the pet name and decided to confess. "Something happened this weekend and I've been excited ever since."

"What happened?"

I looked down at my shoes, wondering if I should tell Craig about what happened. I should at least tell him something. Hopefully he doesn't freak out about it. "Well," I said, looking back up at him, "I met the masked man again!"

His smile turned into a slight frown and he said, "What?"

"Yeah. Why are you making that face?" I asked, giving him a puzzled look.

He scratched his head and replied, "Well, Ao, no offense but he doesn't look very friendly."

"He didn't hurt me," I said.

"I'm glad he didn't, but still," he trailed off and then shook his head, "Never mind. So, what happened? Did he say anything?"

I nodded and told Craig all that happened, from when Cocoa ran off until Jack had left me. I even mentioned his name. "So, his name is Jack?" he said. I nodded again.

"And, how come you're so happy about having seen him again? You barely know him."

"That's the thing," I started, "I have this feeling like I do know him. Though I don't know why. And he just...fascinates me."