Chapter 49

*HEY, GUYS! SORRY THAT THIS UPDATE ISN'T REALLY ON TIME. BUT I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND TO MY READERS WHO DON'T CELEBRATE THIS HOLIDAY, I'D LIKE TO WISH YOU A WONDERFUL DAY. APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS, TRY NEW THINGS, EXTEND YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON LIFE AND EXPLORE ALL THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF. NOW, HOW ABOUT SOME QUESTIONS?

Questions!!:
-What is something that you are grateful for? (I grateful for my family and friends, of course, but I'm grateful to all of you who read and stick around with my stories. Without you all, I wouldn't be where I am.)
-Who is someone you look up to the most? (Markiplier is someone I look to not just for laughs and entertainment but for inspiration and motivation. He's an amazing man and I wish I can make as much of a difference as he does.)

ENJOY THE CHAPTER (even though I think it kinda sucks ;-;) AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 49

Jeff's POV

The streets were quiet, lonely and dark. The motel was about another few minutes away. I wanted to start sprinting back but I knew I shouldn't. Death stood right in front of me, bearing an arrogant smile that worked its charm on me, making me feel uneasy. But, the eyes is what always got me the most. They're as cold, sharp and domineering as I remembered. Even with that smile his gaze could cut through steel.

"What are you doing here?," I asked him, my voice a bit shaky, to my annoyance.

Death managed a lofty laugh and said, "Relax, Jeff. No need to ruin your pants."

An embarrassed blush spread through my face and I cleared my throat.

Death stepped towards me and I flinched slightly. Looking at him, I noticed his smile meant "long time no see" but his eyes meant "I've come to fuck up your night". How does that even work?

"It's been too long since we've talked," he started.

"Two years, to be exact," I murmured.

He nodded. "I see you've changed. Outside and inside."

I gave him a curious look. He didn't answer to it. "I see you're still...pale," I remarked. This is already off to a terrible start.

Death turned and ordered, "Walk with me." He gestured for me to come with him and, reluctantly, I stepped forward. We began walking in the direction towards the motel and I felt some tinge of relief.

"So, tell me," Death began, "how have the two years been to you?"

I was a bit taken aback by the friendliness he was showing me although there was still this distinct vibe around him that he always emits. One that translates to me that he may speak kindly to me but he's still greater.

"Um, I've been better," I answered, "I've almost died a few times."

"Yes, almost," Death emphasized. I shot him a look but he turned away before he could catch it. "What about you?," I inquired.

Death waved his hand in the air. "Oh, the usual. Collecting the souls of those who pass and sending them into their rightful afterlife."

"What's that like?"

He thought for a moment. "It's like taking someone on a trip to another country. Only that other country is the afterlife. And that someone is more like a ghost. And there's more sadness and anger than happiness and wonder."

"Wow, best description ever," I gibed.

"It's a complicated procedure. A mortal like you wouldn't understand," he added. He changed the subject with a wave of his hand. "Anyway, let's not talk about me. I've heard news that your girlfriend has returned from the dead...again."