Happiness - NR

Plot: Y/N teaches Nat what happiness is. Reader is 17.

Warnings: All fluff, some swearing :)

All rights reserved! This is my own story!

Y/N's POV

Saturday. My second favourite day of the week. My favourite being Sunday cause there is never work but thankfully, I've got today off. No alarms, no noise, no nothing. My day is even better already because it's just me and Natasha in the compound because everyone is on some huge mission and Nat said that she couldn't go due to a substantial amount of paper work and they told me not to go cause it was 'dangerous'. Like bitch please I've been to space.

I got myself up, showered, dressed all in like 30 mins which isn't too bad actually. It was only like 8:30 so I've been awake for like an hour and it comes no surprise to me, to see Nat already working on the kitchen island. I'm not sure how but she's always up at like 5am. I don't think that I would survive. "Hey Nat" I greeted as I began to pour myself cereal. "Hey kiddo" she replied. She sounded kind of upset, So I've officially made it my goal today to make her happy.

I started my chore by pouring her a cup of coffee, made exactly as she likes it, and I proceeded to also make her some cereal. Gently, I picked up her coffee and bowl, careful to not burn myself and put it down in front of her, moving her laptop away for her.

"Thanks, how'd you know I liked my coffee like this?" she asked me taking a sip. "I see you make it all the time and I know that you won't drink it if it's not made right." I say sitting next to her, eating my cereal.

It didn't take her long to finish and get back to her work. My smile faltered when I saw the pile of paperwork next to her. So not only was she working on her laptop but she was also working on paper? Hell no I'm not taking this. "Nat... why don't you take a break?" I say to her, sharing her a sad smile. "I'm okay, don't worry about me." I know she took the day off to do her work but she always works. "Fine, but I'll be in the living room if you need anything." In response she only nodded and gave a small smile. I walked off into the living room reluctantly and I began to tear up at the idea she didn't want to take a break to watch this movie.

I decided to just go to sleep on the sofa because I didn't want to disturb her.

*time skip 2 hours*

When I woke back up I looked at the clock to see it was 12:58pm so I got up and went to the kitchen and saw Nat in the Exact. Same. Place. She was earlier. It was irritating me that she wouldn't take a break.

I walked up to her and shut down her computer. The look on her face when I shut it down made me feel worse. "I'm sorry okay but I can't sit and watch you do all this work. It makes me feel so bad that I can't just get you to stop. But at least come help me make some lunch. Please." I saw her face fall even more. Like no one had ever told her to stop working before. "Okay I'll help, sorry I made you upset." I gently grabbed her wrist. "Please don't say sorry okay. Just stop working for lunch." Her smile she gave me, made me smile too cause I think she only ever smiles when she is genuinely happy.

We started to get all the ingredients out to make some pancakes. I saw as she began to mix the ingredients she had a straight face so I picked up some flour out of the bag and threw it at her. All of her actions stopped and she slowly turned her head to me, just to see me sniggering. She also put her hand into the flour and threw it at me