Windowsill - NR

I wrote this to make me happy again because I relapsed for the first time in months today sooo that's fun :)

Nat's POV

As most people know, the avengers are all close and all of us consider each other as some type of family. Like to me Wanda is a little sister to me and Tony is like that irritating older brother. Everyone plays there own part and its makes this family feel closer everyday. In particular, Y/N is like my daughter. We picked her up when she was 13 and I made it my job to take her under my wing and train her and be there for her like a mother would. She's 16 now and she's very much like a mini-me when it comes to fighting but she is very reserved, kind and sweet when she isn't fighting, which makes her unique and very special to me.

However as much as we all tell each other things, I've noticed that every other night Y/N goes upstairs to her room and she sits on her windowsill, wrapped in a blanket. She doesn't do anything from what I've seen but she has always done it. Safe to say I've always been curious about why she does it. So I decided to kinda watch her during the day to see why she does it

It's like 8am when Y/N comes downstairs. She had this huge hoodie on and her hood up. Her face was red wand puffy, like she had been crying. Everyone kept talking but I noticed her just walk in, go to the fridge and walk out with a cup of water. No breakfast nothing. I walked up to her room and she was sat in her bed no emotion on her face. "Hey sweetheart, Just wanted to make sure you're okay" I smiled as I walked into her room. "I'm fine thank you... are we doing anything today?" She asked looking up at me. For the first time when we made hard eye-contant making me able to study her face. Y/N was obviously hurting and something was upsetting her. My face obviously showed my worry because she started to also look concerned. "Nat?" She asked. "Oh, erm no... are you sure you're okay?" I checked again. I knew she wasn't but I wanted to see what she would say. "Yeah i'm fine Natasha. Can you go then because I'm tired and want to go to sleep..." Y/N said. "Alright, have a good rest sweetheart" I replied quickly before leaving the room.

It wasn't until around 3pm when she came out again, face red puffy and there were still a few tears that she was wiping away coming down her face. How have I only just realised this is how she feels when she sits up in her window? Is there a possibility she's thinking of- no Y/N's smarter than to jump and I think she would've done it sooner if that was what she wanted. She walked up and onto the sofa next to me and put her head onto my shoulder, not without releasing a shaky sigh. "You okay?" I questioned. All she did was hum in response. The last thing I wanted to do was to push her into telling me something if she wasn't comfortable with it. If she wanted to tell me something was wrong she would've told me earlier.

I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her down to lay onto my lap. I pulled a blanket over her legs and kissed her forehead gently. "If your still tired, go to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up" I said to the 16 year old. In response she faced towards me and interlocked our fingers so that she knew I wouldn't leave her side.

Y/N was asleep for a fare few hours. She hadn't eaten all day and considering she woke up at 7pm which is around dinner time so I made it my job to make her dinner. "Thank you Nat..." She smiled as she put the peanut butter sandwich into her mouth. "You're welcome" I kissed her forehead and sat down next to her. "This is really good" She said to me. "Well it is world-known that I make the best peanut butter sandwich" I laughed causing her to let out a small chuckle. "As much as I've enjoyed your company today... I really want to go upstairs and be alone for a bit. See you soon Nat..." She spoke, then got up and left the room.

The whole team, except Y/N, were all sat in the living room. Then Sam came in from going to the toilet and announced to the whole room, "She's doing it again. Y/N is sat up in her windowsill again." He said. Me, Wanda, Steve, Peter and Bucky all went up to her room. We stood by her room door and she was sat crying with her earphones in, wrapped up in her blanket and looking out the window. "You wanna take this one, Nat?" Bucky asked me. "Yeah just... go back downstairs and I'll sort this out." I whispered back. The others all left and I announced myself into her room when I knocked onto her door. She didn't hear me though so I went up to her and slowly put a hand on her knee.

She lifted her tear-stained face up and looked at me sadly. "Hey kiddo..." I said sitting down opposite her, "Care to have some company?" I asked her putting the blanket over my legs. "Please stay.. Nat" she cried. "Wouldn't dream of leaving, sweetheart." I smiled at her. "Can I ask you something, Y/N and if you don't want to tell me if you don't want to tell me." I ask her. She perked her head up, still a few tears coming out. "Why do you sit out here? Like it is nice, but you do it whenever you're upset..." I ask her.

"I do it because it makes me feel like I'm closer to my family. They've been gone for ages but I still miss them everyday and when I come up here it's worse days than others. I'm so tired of missing them and it just makes me feel worse. I just want to feel loved again like my mum made me feel loved. The only person who has ever made me feel as loved as she did is you. I just want to be held again and told everything is okay.." She said to me. I got up and walked next to her. I placed my hand around her back and my other arm went under her legs. I picked her up and carried her up to her bed. "Here sweetheart just stay there a sec..." I tell her. I shut the window slightly and pulled her blanket over her body once again.

I kissed her on her forehead and went to leave when I felt an arm wrap around my arm. "Please stay Nat... I don't want to be alone and just want to be held... " She shyly said. "Alright, angel. I'll get in..." I put some pj's on and got in next to her. She wrapped herself around me and held onto body and just cried softly into me. The last thing I wanted to do was to tell her to stop crying because I know how annoying it can be for people to start letting everything out just to be told that you should stop. Instead, what I did was soothingly rub her back and held her close. Even when she was asleep I just wanted to keep her as close as possible. It hurt me to know she was hurting but I can't do much other than be here for her.

As I let sleep consume me, I was content that she was actually happy with someone holding her close and allowing her to cry everything out. I'd do anything for this girl.