Cheater Pt 2 - SJ

in my defence... you didn't clarify if you wanted it sad or not..

based on the song 'When I was your man' by Bruno Mars

All rights reserved! This is my own story!

A few months after the last chapter

Everything is different. My apartment hasn't changed since I moved back in despite everyone saying I should redecorate and take down the pictures of Scarlett and me. Wanting to do it is one thing, actually letting go is another. Whether I like it or not I still love her, but it's clear to me that even on the day of Rose's party she was more than comfortable with Colin. God, it makes me wish I had never come home that night even if it meant I never knew because now she's sleeping in a bed with someone else, whereas I'm sleeping in the bed we used to sleep in. Ever since we were 30.

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

Everywhere I went she was there. I had to change all of my playlists because every single song I listened to; I was reminded of her. The living room still had her presence in it, even though she wasn't even here. Radio and TV were a no go because she would somehow be on every show we used to watch together and promised to finish together one day.

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

Lizzie, Flo, RDJ, Holland, Evans, all the cast have been so supportive, but she is the only topic of conversation. I want to move on from talking about her but for whatever reason I need to make sure she's okay still. However, as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't care one bit about how I feel.

When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down

To be honest, all I want is for her to hold me again like she used to, but I can't even hear the beginning of the word 'Scarlett' before breaking down. She isn't hurting one bit and yet this is how I am treating myself. I think I just need to get over her because she got over me whilst we were still in a relationship. We were going to get married, for god's sake!

'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It's not even like we met and went straight into dating. We had been bestfriends since we were 16 getting piss-faced at a party, pretending we didn't care but still ending up passing out behind the back of a Starbuck's carpark. What i'd do to be 16 again and just be able talk to her like we still were best friends.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize

But whatever she saw in Colin must've been worth it because my heart is tearing apart. What did I do wrong? What did he have that I don't? Alot of things apparently. I remember Scar mentioned I never spent enough time with her, so maybe it was that? But even so, does anyone deserve to be cheated on and hurt like I have been? Why did it happen to me? This whole thing is tearing me apart and no one knows it. I don't think I even know the extent of how much it's hurting me because I can't feel the pain anymore. It's like she burnt me so bad it just scarred right over. Leaving me on my own with all this pain I can't deal with.

That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance

Walking around my apartment I remember everything we used to do together. Sitting on the sofa watching TV then getting distracted and seeing who could fit the most amount of popcorn in their mouth. Her brushing my teeth for me when I broke my hand so that I didn't hurt myself. Me helping her walk around everywhere after her water had broken all those years ago. Playing peekaboo with Rose on the carpet as Scarlett slept peacefully. And finally dancing around the fireplace, holding each other as close as we could.