Come Home - NR

Plot: Nat tries to fins her 16 year old daughter.

Warnings: swearing, panic attack, but fluff

Italics are what they're thinking

All rights reserved! This is my own story!

Nat's POV

It's been 5 years since I last saw my daughter which was before the blip. She got dusted when Thanos snapped his fingers. She was 16 when she disappeared. The issue I'm having is that when we last saw each other, we had this huge argument which lead to her saying she was gonna leave an never come back. For her that was a few months ago... for me 5 and a half years.

I first realised my mistake of not being a good mum when she left, and then learning she was dusted was a real kick in the teeth. On Vormir, I promised Clint I would make things up to her and bring my daughter back to me. Losing Clint caused so much guilt to build up inside me but I had to keep reassuring myself that I would bring her home. Safe.

All I had to do was go to her apartment that she used to say she would go to if anything happened. It's not much but it's quiet there for her and if she's not there, there isn't many other places she can go. Well there isn't anywhere else for her to go. I've ensured to be paying the bill for the place every single month for the past 5 years so that no one random would be living in her apartment. My baby has always preferred to be a bit of a loner. She's a bit of a troublemaker but I know my little girl is still in there somewhere. When she was younger, she was so sweet and caring, she was the kid that liked summer dresses and flower crowns. As she got older, I had to pull her out of school due to her fighting people who bullied her. Now she prefers baggy jeans with oversized hoodies and normally wears black. (I did just describe my dress sense... 😂)

I'm not going to lie, I am extremely nervous to see her again but I know a hug from me always gets her smiling so that's my main plan.

Y/N's POV

My head is so fuzzy. I felt like- HOLY SHIT WHY IS MY ARM HALF GONE....oh wait it's back. Probably just a repercussion of a nightmare- oh wait did I pass out? Mum would wanna know I'm okay... Nope Y/N your angry at her for what she did. Oh no I'm overthinking again.

It's been a week since my arm disappeared from that nightmare but I've been noticing things being different. The coffee shop down the road is no longer 'Wraith's' its now called 'Find Your Estate'. The neighbours that lived across the hall from me had moved out and someone else moved in. The couple downstairs now have 2 kids? What on earth-. I made my way up my stairs and went into my apartment. For the first time, in what feels like forever, I sat down and turned on the news. The headline said 'People struggling after being blipped for 5 years.' Then they played footage of people of returning from this blip thing, poor people missed 5 years of their lives. As soon as I saw the footage rolling I instantly recognised what had happened. Oh fuck...

I could feel my chest tighten. In an attempt to make it stop, I hit myself in the chest. Probably not a smart move but I began to struggle to breathe. My vision became blurry and I dropped to the floor, not caring where I landed.

Nat's POV

This is it. I'm gonna knock on her door. She wouldn't want this. She hates me. Wait what's that sound? I put my head closer to the door and heard a thud followed by a small voice saying 'M-mama h-h-help..' I wasted no time to kick the door down and all my focus was on my little girl. "Y/N, it's mama, can I come closer, sweetheart?" I asked in a soft tone. I saw her shake her head no so I tried my hardest to respect her space. "Okay, baby but can you listen to me very carefully yeah? I'm gonna kneel down here so you can see me" she nodded and I knelt down. I was like 2 or 3 meters away from her and it took everything in my power to not go over to her and hug her.

"Okay sweetheart, can you try and stop hitting your chest for me?" I asked. She moved her hand away from her chest and grabbed a cloth next to her to stop her from doing anything. "Okay, good job baby. Can you now please look at me, look at me in the eyes sweetheart.." I saw the hesitation in her movement but as soon as she made eye contact I could study her face. She was scared and angry but I could see a glimmer of love in her eyes. That's right baby all eyes on me. Just keep them there so I can keep helping you... "Good job, is it okay if I come slightly closer?" Her head nodded and I moved forward about a meter, closing the gap. We kept eye contact the entire time. "Alright now, I need you to breathe in through your nose baby, count to 3 then exhale... I'll do it with you okay?" I saw her nod her head. "Okay In for 3.. 2... 1 and out 3... 2..1.."

Every time she took a breath I edged closer to her. I was now close enough to touch her hand. We kept the same breathing exercise going and I reached my hand out in hopes she'd take it. To my surprise she did. "C-can you h-hold me m-mama.." she asked. And she definitely didn't have to tell me twice I kept a hold of her hand and sat next to her, wrapping my arm around her and she instantly clung to me. "Good job baby, I'm so proud of you. Focus on my heartbeat okay? In 3...2..1... out 3...2...1 " Nothing scared me more as a mother than seeing my baby like this.

We eventually got to a stage where she was on my lap, facing me, both arms and legs wrapped around me and I had my arms going around her too. "I'm sorry for saying all those things baby, I know your old enough now to be going to parties and I should've looked after you when you came home drunk rather than shouting. I'm also saying all those mean things a mother should never say. You are the best thing that ever happened to me, baby..." I said.

"I'm sorry too mama, I should never have called you a poor excuse for a mother and I should never have left... can I- can I come home?" she asked me hesitantly.

"I thought you'd never ask..." At that moment I knew I could never EVER lose her again.

A/N

This is like an actual panic attack I had 😀 Anyways I actually proof read for once and just wanted say like make sure you all look after yourselves.. Get something to eat, go for a walk, If you don't have many friends to hang out with message me, cause I'm always indoors and on my PC :) Also make sure you drink enough water, get outta bed yano just look after yourselves cause I care about you besties <3...