You Forgot About Me - NR

My upload schedule is now: whenever I have an idea I can be bothered to write :D Mama! Nat. Reader is 14.

BTW no hate to Steve I love all Marvel characters and do not stan character or actor slander. If you do, here's the door 👉🚪

This is basically... pretty much Angst then it gets fluffy for real this time i ain't lying. I'm a sad person :D

Y/N's POV

Me and Mum have always been close. Inseparable even. Being Black Widow's daughter, she's extremely protective over me. She never really let me out too long after dark and she always, ALWAYS makes sure I'm okay after I get home. I've always appreciated her love and care for me, that overprotectiveness that she shows I've always appreciated.

However, ever since Mum has been in her relationship with Steve, I've been the second thought. Mum's always been a busy woman anyway with work and missions, but now I'm literally the last priority. It hurts. I've kind of drawn myself to Wanda to be there. I have told her how I feel and together we have confronted mum about it but i'm not gonna lie, it didn't help at all. She said she was sorry and I forgave her but she quickly forgot about it and left me alone again. Wanda noticed and we agreed to let her come crawling back whenever she could be bothered.

Just like any 'normal' evening now, me and Wanda are laid on the sofa. Wanda has always been like a big sister to me so it was easy for us both to adjust to this. Everyone else had noticed how distant Mum has been since her relationship with Steve began and they've told me how they feel but are too scared to tell her. Tony said and I quote "If I found out Pepper was treating Morgan the way Nat treats you, I would divorce her and take full custody of Morgan." He then got a punch in the face by Pepper. Clint spied on them in the vents once, and he said as her best friend, he 'Respectfully wants to kill Steve just so that he wouldn't have to go to the wedding'. I mean fair enough. We were talking about it as usual. Thor was crying because quote 'family drama' and then the room fell silent.

I turned my head to see mum and Steve walking hand-by-hand. Steve led them both over to the sofa next to the one me, Wanda, and Tony were all on. Tony was constantly giving Steve this cold glare. "You looking at something Tony?" He smiles looking towards us. Mum laid down on his chest and he began to play with her hair causing her to hum in appreciation. "Yeah. You. You have a mission. Now. Fury will brief you on it on the quinjet. Leave now." Tony replied coldly. "Am I going alone?" Steve asked standing up. "Thor is going with you. Bye now" He smirked as the pair left.

Mum sat up and watched as Steve left . This was the first time him and her had been apart. They've been together for 2 months. Mum let out this loud sigh and uncomfortably started rubbing her legs. "Soo, baby. How's school?" She asked walking over to sit in between me and Tony. Clint was eating popcorn in the vents, you could hear the crunch. Bucky was doing his staring thing and Sam had left due to being 'uncomfortable.' I completely ignored her but Wanda did not hesitate to answer for me as she wrapped her arm protectively around me.

"You would know if you actually spoke to her, Natasha." Wanda said, pulling me into her chest. One of her hands went over my ear to muffle the sound of any arguing. What a sweetheart. "What is that supposed to mean, Maximoff?" Mum replied, facing towards us. "You promised you'd pay more attention to her. Instead you continued to ignore her. Your own daughter. God your a pathetic excuse for a mother." Wanda scoffed. "Me? A bad mother? Tell me what happened to your children?"

I whipped my head out of Wanda's chest after hearing this. "Let's go baby.." Mum tightly grabbed my wrist and began pulling me out of the room. "Mum... stop your hurting me." Mum kept pulling me out the room when Bucky got up and stood in front of us. "Did you not hear, Nat? Your hurting your daughter. And by the looks of things... you've pissed Wanda off."

We turned around and Wanda's eyes are glowing red. "Guys... let me talk to mum.. I'll fix this." I nod towards Wanda who seems to calm down at my reassurance. Mum dragged me into her office and sat me on the chair in front of her desk. She knelt down to my level and looked at where she had grabbed my wrist, "I'm sorry... I know I've been distant-" I scoffed. "Distant? You thought you've been distant. All I've wanted is my mum to hold me these past few weeks. But you forgot. You forgot about me." I cried, letting a few tears out of my eyes. "I'm sorry... I don't know why.. I'm just scared my darling.." She said holding my hands tightly as I sobbed.

"Of what? Of Steve?" Mum stayed silent at my comment. "Mum?" I questioned. "He told me... if I didn't let you go so that all my focus was on him, he'd kill you, so that he would have that focus..." My eyes watered even more and I dragged mum into a hug. Then there was a crash outside and Clint started yelling. Then the doors of the office sprung open. "Did Steve actually say that to you Tasha?" Wanda questioned, her eyes darkening. "Yeah.. but don't hurt him. I can't lose my baby girl." Mum cried. I pulled her back in for a hug and I sobbed into her shoulder. "I've got you baby... I've got you.." She hugged me even harder.

We were sat hugging for a good 5 minutes when the door opened up. Wanda. "Nat. Steve is being taken care of. But What you sai-" Wanda began before Mum cut her off. "I know I'm sorry I really shouldn't of said it. I was angry that any of you would think I'd hurt her on purpose. And I took it out on you I'm sorry" Mum told her and Wanda looked back at me. I sent her a reassuring smile despite my teary face and she nodded.

Wanda brought Mum in for a hug and held out her hand. "Let's get you to bed eh?" I smiled and grabbed Wanda's hand before also pulling mum along with me. "Can you both stay with me? I need a mum hug but I want Wanda there too.." They both nodded and we headed into my room. I laid in the middle, mum on my left and Wanda on my right. I hugged into mum as Wanda hugged me from behind. "I love yous" I smile. "Love you too" They both respond. The last thing I see is mum grabbing my hand and interlocking my fingers with hers, causing me to smile like an idiot.