ADHD Help - NR

Just saying that I don't know a lot about ADHD, but one of my friends has ADHD and they told me some things that they do so I hope that this is okay :)

All rights reserved! This is my own story!

Y/N's POV

Today is not a good day to be doing a meeting. Apparently, it's some really important meeting for a mission everyone else is going on that's why I'm so confused as to why I'm going to this meeting as it's not actually for me. My head was so zoned out I didn't even realise I had zoned out till my beautiful girlfriend; Natasha Romanoff had put her hand on my shoulder. "You okay baby? You were really zoned out just then" She asked me with a worried tone in her voice. "Yeah, just having a bad ADHD day, I think. It's cause we ran out of my meds yesterday and now I'm struggling to concentrate. I'm kinda nervous about the meeting because what if I zone out then can't concentrate then babble on about my opinions and... Sorry I'm talking too much I'm just like really agitated today."

"You shouldn't apologise, Y/N. Everyone loves to hear your voice and you can't talk too much... I love you so much. I know that you do get upset about your ADHD so if the meeting gets too much like it does sometimes, promise me you'll tell me so that we can get you sorted yeah?" Nat said with a smile plastered on her face. "Yes, Natasha. I promise." I told her, grabbing her hand. "Good girl. Now come on, we've got a meeting to get to..." With that she held out her hand and interlocked our hands together.

As soon as we sat down the room began to fill up with people and Ross was stood at the front going over something for the mission. The room was pretty much silent except for Ross speaking and the constant ticking of the clock on the wall. I was trying so hard to listen to Ross rather than the ticking coming from the wall, but it was so hard to concentrate. My ears were beginning to get irritated from the constant tick. It was burning the inside of my head and it wasn't helping that I really wanted to just get up and go for a walk or something.

With every tick of the clock, I felt my leg bouncing more and more. Picking at my left ring finger isn't entertaining for me anymore and I was losing myself in my mind and I began picking up on small things that were irritating me. Like Steve kept on banging his pen against the table and it was so distracting. My thoughts were pulled away from me when I felt a gentle hand on my bouncing leg. I turned my head upwards and saw the red head that I call my girlfriend smiling at me. It didn't take me long to notice the rings on her fingers, so I picked up her hand and began playing with her rings. This helped me concentrate on the words coming from Ross a bit more.

The rings soon became boring, so I began to doodle on my page of my notebook, and I think Ross noticed straight away. "Y/N Y/L/N? Are you paying attention?" He asked sternly. "Yes sir, sorry I've just been forgetting to take notes and I don't really know why I'm here if yano, I'm not even on the mission-" I stopped myself when I saw a questionable look on his face. "Sorry. I'll just. Be leaving now..." I said and went to stand up until Nat pulled me down onto her lap.

"With all due respect sir, Y/N doodling was helping her concentrate and she deserves to be here just as much as any of us do. Now if she's just here because you want to see her struggle with her ADHD, I too will either leave and sit here and doodle with her. The choice is yours." Natasha said staring directly into his eyes. I grabbed her hand again and pulled it onto the table and began to doodle on her hand.

"Romanoff you need to stay, Y/N wasn't really necessary today, so I apologise. But do pay attention" Ross said as a response. Nat didn't want that as an answer I presume because she lifted her hand to wipe the hair out my eyes. "Can you pass me that packet of pens, baby..." She asked and I reached over the table. I'm not too tall so I couldn't reach but the pens began floating towards me being supported by some red magic coming from Wanda. I turned my head to look at her and she just winked at me.

When I got ahold of the pens I passed them to nat and she spilled them across the table. "Draw something baby... Here I'll take off my jacket because you've filled up your notebook and my hand" she said whilst ripping off her jacket that she was wearing. She laid her right arm across the table, and I soon got to work. Nat being left-handed also helped me draw on her. I would motion to her where I needed her to colour in a bit and she would grab the correct colour and begin drawing. Ross looked almost stunned at what was going on but drawing always helped me calm down.

By the end of the meeting Nat's whole right arm was covered in drawings from smiley faces to flowers to a single penis that Bucky drew on her arm when she wasn't looking. Her gaze stayed on me the whole time. "Romanoff, do you understand that your actions this meeting did not go overlooked?" Ross asked as we were walking out. "What actions? Me helping my girlfriend with her ADHD?" She raised an eyebrow. "No, you taking care of her and her disorder when she is a grown woman and can look after herself." He replied. "Yeah, and? You're a grown man and it doesn't make you any less of a prick."

Nat gathered herself and I had ahold of her hand just playing with her rings. The conversation didn't last much longer as Natasha pulled us out of the meeting room and into the hallway. "Thank you, Nat..." I said shyly. "You're welcome, baby girl. I'm always going to protect you." She responded and she swiftly placed a gentle kiss on my lips before we made our way back into our bedroom.