Mama Bear - NR

Fluff really, plus Mama Bear Nat for 16yo! reader. SORRY IT'S SHORT I'M BUSY WITH COLLEGE AGAIN BUT I'M TRYING I SWEAR.

I ran downstairs and saw mum on the sofa with everyone. She looked at me almost confused.

Natasha Romanoff is my mother and since the day I was born everyone always called her 'Mama Bear Nat' because if anyone even hurt a hair on my head, she would genuinely break their hand.
One time Steve high-fived me so hard he broke my wrist (that super-soldier strength against a 10-year-old) and mum genuinely put him in a coma for three weeks. Everyone thought it was funny except for mum who went full on protective mama. She's always been protective, and I'd have it no other way because it just means that she will always be there no matter what.

So, when I was running downstairs and grabbed her hand, making her come back upstairs with me; safe to say she was concerned. "So, mama..." I began locking the door, "I need help getting ready... I'm going on a date" I said closing my eyes to not see the reaction on her face. She cupped my face gently.
"Open your eyes, my love, I'm glad you're going out..." I opened my eyes and she pulled me in for a long hug. "Let's get you ready darling."

I got in the shower and washed my body whilst mum went through my closet to find something for me to wear. After about 10 minutes I walked out in my towel and mum was holding this gorgeous red dress she had brought for me that she said was for 'special occasions only'. Mum made me sit down on my chair and she began to do some light make-up for me and even did my hair. She genuinely is the best at styling hair.

I put the dress on, and some shoes and we stood in front of the mirror together. "Do you think he will like it?" I asked her looking at her in the reflection. "If he doesn't love it, he'll regret it" She chuckled kissing the top of my head. "Do you have your phone? Spare money? Everything you need?" Mum asked me turning me around and patting the dress down slightly.
"Yes mama.. can I go now?" I laughed. She nodded and hugged me one last time. "If you need me, call me, okay?"

I waved mum goodbye before getting into Happy's car. "Thank you for driving me Happy but you really didn't have to..." I laughed looking at him from the backseat. "Oh don't worry about it. If I didn't your mum would kill me."

We spoke the whole way to the restaurant and when I got out Happy winked and said, "You look beautiful Y/N, any boy who doesn't like you is clearly not seeing clearly." I smiled softly at him. "Thank you Happy..." I got out and watched as he drove away.

I walked into the restaurant and sat down at a table waiting for my date. We agreed 8pm so I did get here kind of early, but I messaged him anyway to make sure he was getting ready. No response. Maybe he's just getting ready or nervous to respond. I sat there and ordered some lemonade whilst I waited for him.

The seconds turned into minutes; the minutes turned into hours. I sat there and waited and waited for him. The biggest mistake I made was seeing he was with another girl on Instagram. I opened our messages and saw a video of him and his friends daring him to ask me on a date but not actually go. So, before I knew it, I was getting drunk behind the back of a Starbucks whilst crying. At 1am. I looked at my phone and saw twelve missed calls from mum. I called her quickly still sobbing.

"Baby- what's wrong love?" Nat spoke on the other end of the phone
"He didn't turn up... and I looked on Instagram. He's with another girl" I sobbed loudly down the phone.
"Oh love, it's okay mama is coming to get you."

She hung up and I sat down on the concrete looking up at the sky as it began to rain. I just sat there staring at the rain before a car pulled up in front of me. Mum ran out and put her jacket around me. "Oh, love let's get you home" She whispered picking me up. I just held onto her emotionlessly as she put me in the backseat.

Happy looked at me sadly before starting the car back up. "Baby you're freezing..." She said pulling me onto her lap. "It was a dare mama." I cried into her neck. I could tell by her breath hitching she was furious. "How about, tomorrow me and you have a day together. We'll get you a new dress and I'll do your makeup again and go to a nice restaurant together before going to a concert or something."

I nodded tiredly into her neck. "Go sleep baby. Mama is right here." she whispered bringing a hand to rub up and down my arm. "Goodnight mama..." I slurred still drunk out of my mind. "Goodnight my love, sleep well." was the last thing before I fell asleep.

I woke up the next day tucked inside of mum's bed with her arm over my body. "Good morning love." She whispered wiping the hair out of my face. "Morning mama." I said sleepily, digging my head further into her body.

"That boy won't bother you anymore." She whispered with a light smirk in her voice. I looked up and raised an eyebrow. "He hurt you so Tony, Bucky, Steve and I payed him a visit last night. If anyone breaks your heart it breaks mine and seeing you last night hurt me as a mother and as your best friend more than anything. However, if I ever catch you drinking again before you're old enough, you will be grounded young lady"

I smiled a little and moved into her more. "Thank you, mama." I whispered. "You're welcome. But we have to get up. We have a mother-daughter day today and you're not going looking like this." She pointed at my hair.
"Wow mum, straight to the point." I laughed climbing out of bed. "Yep. I'm your mother i'm basically allowed to make fun of you when you look like shit."

"MUM!" I laughed pushing her lightly which was a bad idea. She pulled me back onto the bed and started tickling me.

Yeah... protective mama bear isn't too bad.

Update A/N: I thought i'd apologise for this update. I made it so it was a boy and i've been getting a lot of comments and dms from people saying it's she*. I didn't know what people and i'm bisexual so i just put what i thought was okay and it feels like i've offended people and i'm sorry.