Lost it all - NR

In advance, I apologise, and you may attack me. Reading the warnings will kinda spoil it-

Warnings: Fluff, angst, Death, miscarriage... FUN SHIT

Finding out the pregnancy:

Nat looked at me scared.. worried? excited? all of the above. Once she found out that she could actually get pregnant she was ecstatic to try. And we did. We tried and tried again, getting different sperm donors to try and get pregnant. The original plan was for me to try but obviously, thinking she couldn't get pregnant then learning she can it meant a lot to her to try.

So as usual we're sat in bed facing each other whilst waiting for the test to 'set' as we say. "Do you think after this time we should give up..?" Nat asked me looking into my eyes. I held her hand and kissed it gently, "You can decide that. If you're getting tired we can darling." I spoke softly. My eyes drifted down to the test and smiled.

I let go of Nat's hand and gave her the test gently. "Hi mama..." She smiled looking at me. Then she jumped into my arms hugging me tightly. "We're gonna be parents!" Nat smiled starting to cry a little. "Yeah, we are baby. We're gonna be parents"

Nat pulled away and kissed me softly, holding my waist. I kissed back and held her close still. She pulled away and looked at me excitedly before standing up on the bed and jumping up and down on it. I stood up with her holding her hands and jumping with her. "We're gonna be parents" She laughed.

I smiled widely and picked her up before running out the room carrying her. We ran around the compound screaming at everyone that we're pregnant. Everyone was so supportive despite our passive-aggressive excitedness. Then we ran to Yelena and smiled widely. She was the only one to know that we were trying so she instantly knew. I put Nat down and we had this weird trio hug jumping up and down excitedly.

Some fluff before you all hate me

We laid in bed together as usual. Nat being around 4 months along.. her stomach showing a small bump. Nat was reading her book, so she didn't notice straight away when I leant down and put my head against her stomach. She put the book down and stroked my hair, "What are you doing baby?" Nat asked me softly. I kissed her stomach gently and smiled.

"Hi kiddo... your mama really loves you and even though you've put her through the shit the past few months and will do for the next 5 months, we will both always love you.. so much." I said and leant up to kiss Natasha softly.

She kissed back and then pulled away looking into my eyes "I can't wait for you to be a mum.. you're gonna be the best." I nodded a little and laughed. "But i'm already the best Natalia god how dare you" I chuckled earning a small smack to my ass.

Her smirk rested on her face and kissed me again. "I adore you" I whispered before kissing her back.

The beginning of it all

Me and Nat always walk around the mall now that we have to buy for another human. She's around 6 months now so she's showing. Natasha always holds my arm as we walk, mainly because I made her hold me to stay stable. We brought a new stroller (buggy) for our baby, who we decided would be called Alex. Alexander as we discovered it was going to be a boy.

"You know you're the best." Nat smiled kissing my cheek softly. "Yes I do know that madam." I chuckled making her fake gag. "Never. Ever call me madam again." She laughed cuddling into my side. We continued walking, whilst i pushed a shoulder and held her close with my other arm.

"What shop no-" I was cut off by the sight of someone walking aimlessly into a busy road. "Stay here baby" I ran off to the person and pushed them out the road. All I felt next was pain. Instantly from the left side of my body.

There was screaming for a second then silence. Nothing but quiet and darkness. It was dark everywhere. Scary. I was alone. I was screaming trying to listen to my wife's voice but she was no where to be heard or seen. It was empty. I felt empty. It was almost calming in a way.. like I know i was sleeping.

Nat however was by my side crying. Holding the lifeless body in her arms. She refused any help and didn't let anyone come near her. The one thing keeping her going was gone. The other half of her heart gone in seconds. Car horns and sirens along with screaming was all that was heard by the witnesses stood by the side of the road.

The ambulance soon arrived and helped nat away from the body. No life there any longer. It felt like her whole life had been lost.

The labour (3RD PERSON POV)

Since you died Nat had always been thinking of you. The funeral was the worst of it all. There was a mission when the funeral was scheduled so Natasha was sat alone in the room with the coffin, holding her stomach gently.

Now Nat's in hospital with her big bump and her water broken. Fully dialated. The only thing keeping her going was this baby. The last piece of her beloved wife in this small human and all she could think about is how much she wanted to meet the child.

Screaming and crying is all that came from the hospital room as Natasha was so determined to hold your baby. Not her baby. Yours. For the months you were around all you did was help and support her. Since you left things were much harder. The person who replaced your job to look after Natasha was Yelena, whom always promised to look after Nat no matter where or what happened to you.

As the final push came the room fell silent. Natasha wasn't screaming. She wasn't crying. And neither was the baby. The doctors were quick to help the baby trying to ignore Natasha's pleas to hold her baby.

She held onto the nurse for dear life as the doctor turned to her sadly. "We're so sorry... we couldn't save him" Her heart shattered. The pain that she felt when she lost you came back only worse knowing there was nothing. No trace of you or her baby other than the clothes scattered on the floor. The nursery the pair of you had created for the baby boy was to never be used and all she could do was cry.

Pain and emptiness flooded her body. However, what she didn't know was that for the past months you watched over her. You watched as she grieved and cried over your death and now watching uselessly as she sobbed over your child. The doctor gave Natasha her child that laid still in her arms making her sob more. It was quiet. No one dared to say anything as Nat looked at Alex sadly.

All of her life was lost in the space of 5 months. She was alone. The only things keeping her happy gone.