Softie - NR

No warnings <3

Me and Nat have been dating for about 6 months and everyone says that she has turned 'soft' when she's around me. It definitely isn't true (she pays me to say that). We're always together and she insists that neither of us go on a mission without the other so that we can be there and support each other. When secretly I just know that they will only send one of us so if she says both of us have to go or neither of us will, meaning we'll just stay in the compound all day. She helps me train, cook food in the morning, wash me in the shower, massage my muscles after a day of training. Sometimes she even helps me walk around, that sounds weird, but she'll carry me or walk behind me with her hands on my hips. It's sweet really.

The boys always make fun of her for it, and we always clash back. It always ends up the same. Tony has got an icepack against one of his body parts and Nat is laying on my chest hugging into me.

Today was no different only this time, I told Nat she has gone soft, and my god was it a mistake. "You really think I've gone soft?" The red head questions. "No, I think that you've got the best girlfriend that brings out this not so-tough interior and it is so sweet..." I say leaning into kiss her. "Nope... I can't be soft. I've got a reputation to fill!" She said walking away. We had been arguing for the past 20 minutes and I just know she isn't going to forget about this.

During the meeting Natasha got called in for a mission and for the first time since we started dating there was no argument against it. Everyone was confused. I laughed a bit and put a hand on her thigh. Her breath hitched but she continued to put on this facade. She made her hand go over mine and put my hand back onto my lap. Usually, Nat is leading everything but still it's unusual for her to not want to feel my touch.

Then we went to the living room to watch a movie before the stakeout mission Bucky and Nat have to go on at like 1am. I go to sit next to her, but she gets up and sits next to Wanda. My face visibly becomes upset. I really shouldn't have said anything earlier I thought to myself. I think Wanda was reading my mind as she got up away from Nat and sat down next to me pulling me into a hug. "Did you argue?" She questions. "Kinda... yeah." I say, just enjoying the company of someone. The movie went on and I was slowly falling asleep on Wanda's shoulder. We had always been best friends, so this wasn't an unnatural thing to happen. Natasha didn't even notice. Wanda had her hand combing through my hair. It was quite nice actually. After being ignored by Nat all day, this was comforting but not as nice as my girlfriend's arms. It's just not the same energy, you know?

After the movie finished as a group, we decided that Bucky and Nat should go get ready for the mission whilst the rest of us just watched another film. "So. You and Natasha. Did something happen?" Sam asks. "Yeah, we argued a bit earlier, and she's just been in this bad mood since apparently." I say leaning back into the embrace of Wanda. "Ahh, okay..." Steve said.

The film was quickly over with and the pair on the mission came back from getting ready. "We're gonna go now. I'm not sure what time we're going to be back..." Bucky said smiling but feeling the tension between the room and Natasha. Everyone was eying her up, making sure she knew she had messed up. "Right... we're going" Nat said. They swiftly left the room, and everyone started piling out to go to bed. I however, stayed where I was. "You not going to bed Y/N?" Wanda asked me as I was still laid on her instead of leaving. "No... I wanna be as close to Nat as possible when she gets back so I'll sleep on the sofa and wait for her." I speak. Wanda rolled her eyes at me, "You do realise she's upset you? You should at least sleep in a bed." She speaks. "Nah... it was my fault. I'll manage. Thank you though Wanda." I say with a soft smile. "Alright well, shift. I'm off to bed and if you need anything I'm always here." I moved off of her and she got up and went to bed. Not before patting my back to subtly tell me everything will be okay.

I must've watched 2 episodes of 'Unsolved Mysteries' on Netflix before my eyelids began to get heavy. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

Nat's POV

Me and Bucky had successfully completed the mission and caught the guy who was doing some... fucked up things. We walked into the compound. Buck went straight upstairs but I wanted to go to the kitchen through the living room for some water. You can imagine my shock when the elevator doors open, and the TV is still on.

I made my way towards the sofa just to see my girlfriend passed out and spread across the sofa, snoring softly but shivering. "Okay... time to make things better..." I whisper to myself. I picked her up and brought her up to our shared bedroom. Her body stayed limp in my arms. How is this woman such a heavy sleeper? I lay her down and start to get myself unchanged, not before covering her up with the duvet covers.

"Here we are..." I whisper as I get in next to her. Y/N's body magnetises itself to mine and she lays her head subconsciously onto my chest. "Goodnight my baby..." I say to the sleeping girl. With a kiss to her forehead, I lay myself back and let sleep consume me, content that we were both happier together rather than apart.