Mouse - SJ

Y/N is 5, Mama!Scar

Scar's POV

Today's Y/N's birthday and for months for some reason, she's been obsessed over the idea of getting a mouse. It's really weird because she genuinely woke up one morning and the first thing she said was "I want a mouse."

She is a weird kid but she's my kid so I guess it's fine. Nah i'm joking I love her to bits so I decided to get her the mouse she's been wanting for ages.

As normal she gets up at 6:00am, which has also really confused me because she gets up scarily early. I just know that when Y/N is a teenager it'll be 6pm when she wakes up rather than 6am. Not ready for that yet. I'm good with her being 5 and me being like the coolest person on earth rather than, "Mooom you're so mean for not letting me go to that party."

She ran down the stairs and hugged the bottom of my legs. "Hi mama.." She smiled up at me and I picked her up, settling her on my hip. "Happy birthday darling. You excited to see everyone today?" Y/N lifted her head and smiled up at me. I booped her nose before settling her down in her chair.

Again, as usual, she babbled on about how school was and didn't even notice Florence walking through the front door with her presents. "There's a surprise in the living room for you baby." I told her smiling down at her. "Okay mama, are you coming?" Y/N asked beaming up at me. "Yeah come on, love." I held out my hand which she happily accepted, allowing me to lead her out of the kitchen and into the living room where Flo was sat.

"Hello auntie flo!" Y/N said running on her little legs to go hug Florence's leg. "Hey sweetheart" Florence lifted Y/N up into her lap and Y/N smiled widely at her.

"Are you waiting for Lizzie and Evans and the rest of them to come round before her presents?" I nodded at Flo and Y/N stared at Florence like she was the most fragile thing ever. "What's up baby?" Flo asked her. "You're just really pretty auntie flo"

Y/N has always been really sweet and seeing her warm to Florence like this makes me so happy.

We sat chatting for a while whilst Y/N played with my rings on my hands whilst she sat on Flo's lap. Well that was until everyone else arrived and Y/N/N ran straight into Evans' arms. "Hey kiddo, how's your birthday been?" He asked her. "Good me mama and flo are gonna bake cookies later" She smiled.

"That sounds like fun" He said. "Only if I get to join" Lizzie said. "Auntie Lizzie!" Y/N grinned wildly and made grabby hands towards Lizzie. She put down her bags and grabbed Y/N from Chris and set her on her hip. "Fancy opening presents sweetheart?" She nodded widely at me like she has been all day.

Everything was done. Y/N had opened all of her presents but one. I ran upstairs whilst she was distracted with the rest. I held the cage with the mouse behind my back. "Baby I have one last present for you but you have to close your eyes." I said and she obeyed putting her hands over her eyes. "No baby put your hands out Lizzie will cover your eyes" I laughed because Y/N opened her eyes again when she took her hands away.

"Alright ima put it in your hands and on the count of 3 you're gonna open your eyes okay?" Y/N nodded frantically. "okay, 3..2..1.. open"

Lizzie pulled her hands away and Y/N's eyes widened instantly. "Mama I love him..." She jumped into my arms and wrapped her hands around my neck. "What you gonna name him baby?" She turned her head around out of. y neck to look at the mouse running around in his wheel. "Milo. Can I hold him mama?" She asked sweetly.

"Yeah sure, here let flo get him out for you then you can hold him yeah?" Florence got milo out of his cage and gently placed him in Y/N's hands. Most kids want dogs or cats but I love how happy she is with something like a mouse. As milo was placed into her hands she barely moved yet a giant smile was on her face. "I don't wanna scare him mama..." She whispered. I guided one of her hands to pet his back.

"See he's alright." I smiled at her. "I'm gonna put him back so I don't scare him..." She gave milo back to flo so that she could put milo back into his cage. "Thank you mama, i'll look after him.." she smiled up at me.

"I know you will my darling. Shall we go make them cookies?" She nodded at me and I gave her to Lizzie to go wash her hands whilst me and Flo set up.

"She seems happy with her presents." Florence said washing her hands. "Yeah well she's a good kid she deserves all of them." I smiled back, "Besides I don't think that Y/N/N will be able to sleep without the teddy of Eeyore (if you don't know it's from Winnie the pooh)"

"Well I'm glad she likes it." She said as Lizzie and Y/N walked back in. "Mama I showed lizzie my halloween costume for this year!" Y/N squealed from inside Lizzie's arms and moved about almost making lizzie drop her. "Easy kiddo your mama's right there." Lizzie passed her over to me and I held her closely. "You need to be careful little miss. I'll set you down on the counter and we can get started yeah?" Y/N nodded frantically in my arms as I sat her down on the side.

We had a lot of fun making the cookie dough. Y/N/N couldn't do much since she's only young but she definitely had fun throwing flour at Florence's and mine faces. Her and Lizzie even teamed up. Everyone else had decided to go home as they could only stay for so long because of their families and stuff but the girls stayed because Y/N just didn't let them go.

She was upset when everyone left and we had a small tantrum because she didn't want them to leave but once we got her to calm down she was alright.

As we were making the cookies she was sat playing with Milo on the counter and it made me so happy. God I love my a baby girl.