σηє

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Vienna walked down the stairs of her large lonely home. Memories and laughs bouncing off the walls, making the silence a little less silent. The walls had become darker due to to the lack of light. Spider webs in almost every corner of the house and on old photo frames. Vienna looks at them, she sees her bright happy smile from when she was four. She sees her mum's bright contagious smile and her father's arms wrapped lovingly around her.

Her father now doesn't work. Doesn't love her. Doesn't take care of her. Ever since Vienna was four, she has had to take care of herself and hide from her father's punches. She had to clean up the glass when she would get a bottle of Bourbon frown at her. She would have to make her own dinner, or find anything in the house to eat which was very little.

But it's okay because he still loves her?

This is what love is right?

It's the alcohol that makes him like this?

Right?

As Vienna nears the bottom of the stairs she feels a knot grow tighter in her belly. Her hand grips the handle of her suitcase tighter and her other hand clenches in a fist to stop herself from shaking.

She wouldn't usually go and talk to her father. She would avoid him at all costs. She would stay locked up and hidden in her room, where she is safe. If she wanted to go out, luckily her room had a balcony so she could escape that way. She wouldn't willingly be seen or go talk to her father, because she knew how it would end. Another bruise added to her body. Another cut to turn into a scar. Another excuse to tell.

But today she had to go talk to him. She had to tell him she was leaving now and that she needed him to drive her to the train station.

She had left asking him till last minute. Mainly because she was scared.

She turned the corner and walked down the long corridor. At the end of the corridor was his office. Where he always was.

First, Vienna knocked on the door. She had to force her hand to do so.

Second, she heard his voice.

"What?" he yelled.

Third, she pushed the handle of the door down and then pushed it open. Taking a step inside of the large office.

"Ah—I see you are all packed to go back to school?" he said and then laughed which turned into a cough.

"Yes—" she had to speak over his loud uncontrollable coughing, "—I need—"

He stopped coughing. He stood up straight and looked at her. Venom in his dark eyes.

"You need what?" he yelled again.

"I need you to drive me to the train station, please?" Vienna said and a long silence came after.

"When?" he asked and Vienna felt hopeful.

Is he going to take her?

Is she not going to get hit?

No bottles have been thrown yet?

Maybe, he will willingly to drive her?

A nice car ride? No shouting?

"I need to be there in 40 minutes," Vienna responded. Foolish hope in her eyes.