ƒιƒту-ѕιχ (!!!)

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Meeting Lucius Malfoy
P A R T T W O
_____

"Vienna," the way Lucius says her name sends shivers down her spine. His words are dark. His whole presence radiates. . . violence. . . danger, "tell me, what do you think of my business."

Dinner has only just been served in front of them, on the long dark black table, and Lucius sits at the end, staring at her with his knife in his hand — and he's already started with the interrogating questions.

Draco who sits in front of Vienna, across from his father, sighs, he looks awfully pale and his appetite seems to be gone.

And Vienna isn't sure how to answer Lucius' question.

"Um," Vienna began and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "I think it must be a lot of hard work to maintain a business like this."

Vienna hoped that was the right thing to say because she didn't know what to answer. She just let her mouth ramble on. Hoping for the best.

"Indeed," Lucius said, biting a piece of chicken, "and are you afraid of a business like this?" he asked the question slowly — surely.

"No," Vienna answered honestly.

He smiled. Draco did not — only observed extremely closely.

"I'm glad," Lucius said, "I had a feeling you wouldn't be — Draco told me all about you. All good things, don't worry. Otherwise, you wouldn't be in my home."

Lucius smiled but Vienna knew he was discretely slipping in a threat into his words. Letting her know that she could be shot dead instantly.

Vienna played well, and raised her chin, keeping the little power she had. Letting Lucius know she wasn't afraid.

"Are you interested in having children, Vienna?" Lucius asked — the question random — but it seemed Lucius had many questions to ask and he wasn't wasting time asking them.

No, she isn't interested in having children. Not now. Not ever.

But she caught the eyes of Draco. The smallest of nods came from his head. She knew then, in that moment that the question wasn't random at all — it was a test. A crucial question with a meaningful answer.

"I am," Vienna told him, "maybe not now of course, but when I'm older—"

"Early twenties? Late teens?" Lucius raised a brow. The smile remained on his face.

"Father." Draco warned.

"Yes? Son?" Lucius' head turned to Draco for the first time since they've been sitting at the table, "I simply would like to know if there is an heir before I'm dead."

Draco looked pissed off. Even more so than in the last few hours.

So Vienna answered before Draco would say something foolish, "early twenties."