σηє-нυη∂яє∂ & тнιятєєη

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

It seemed like a lifetime ago when Vienna was covered in bruises, running scared from her father—a man who should have loved and protected her. Vienna used to feel nothing but cold rage and haunting fear and coming back to this school every year was an escape from all of that and nothing else.

But now, Vienna stands in a red gown, a white dress and a red cap over her long black curls, Vienna stood with a smile on her lips—a smile that wasn't forced. She has passed her exams. This morning she met with Antonio and Miss Anne and they told her the good news. At first, Vienna couldn't believe it. Everything all worked out in the end.

And to think she didn't believe it ever would only a few weeks ago. . .

All those years of suffering and fear had made her strong but she didn't have to worry about any of that anymore. She was finally free. A weight lifted off her entire body and she felt like a feather, free to fly in the wind and go where ever she pleased without any worry.

The sun was peeping out through the clouds that covered the blue sky. For the first time, Vienna enjoyed the feeling of the warm sun melting on her skin.

Graduation was held outside—hundreds of chairs seated students and families of the graduates and in front—where Vienna stood—was a stage where Antonio called out student by student in Vienna's year. Natalie stood in front of her and Theo and Blaise behind Vienna as they waited for their name to be called.

Vienna looked into the crowd, not expecting to see any familiar faces other than students, but then Vienna saw the beautifully dark, wide smile of Lilith Ezriel—her mother. Vienna felt her knees wobble with surprise.

༺♥༻
Four hours before

Draco and Owens travelled early in the morning and when they arrived in Hogsmeade the streets were still dark as the sun was only just rising. The golden rays peeked over the houses and taverns. As they walked into the inn, Draco keeping his hood over his head, they noticed one of the buildings was tapped off and two police officers stood on guard.

Draco peered through under his hood and furrowed his brows—What had happened? It was so very rare for any crime to be committed in this small village and Draco got a dark feeling that this had something to do with Vienna. It didn't take Owens long to figure out what happened with just a flash of his badge and it turned out to be a suicide.

Strange. . .

A twenty-four-year-old man was found in the bathroom of the club with his belt around his neck. Draco and Owens both gave each other knowing looks and Owens had said with a shake of his head, "she's worse than you."

That only bought a smile to Draco's lips.

༺♥༻
Present time

Lilith watched her daughter with a feeling which felt like sweet relief. All she ever wanted as a mother—was for her daughter to be safe and loved. To have the opportunity to do whatever she liked with her life. Lilith never got that choice and she died to make sure her daughter did.

When she met Lirian, she was poor and had nothing. Growing up as an orphan was never easy and when she turned eighteen and nobody had wanted her—Lilith was thrown to the streets of London and prostitution was her only way of survival.